- Company: AMI Expeditionary Healthcare
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana
AMI provides medical services to international aid organizations, humanitarian concerns, the private sector and government agencies in a wide range of remote and challenging environments. We have a large presence in North, East and West Africa as well as the Middle East. The services we provide range from primary and emergency care, aeromedical evacuation and crisis response to medical supply chain management, procurement, and hospital staffing and management. We have a well-compensated opportunity for Anesthetic Nurse interested in delivering care in a region of pressing need and boundless opportunity. AMI covers visa costs, flights, and accommodation.
- Examine the patients’ history for allergies or illnesses that would affect anesthesia.
- Evaluate and prepare patients, provides education about surgery and recovery, and discuss the side effects of anesthesia with them.
- Determine the amount and type of anesthesia needed for the patient and the best way to administer it.
- Perform or evaluate the results of diagnostic tests such as radiographs (x-rays) and electrocardiograms (EKGs).
- Manage patients’ airway or pulmonary status using techniques such as endotracheal intubation, mechanical ventilation, pharmacological support, respiratory therapy, and extubation.
- Perform or manage regional anesthetic techniques such as local, spinal, epidural, caudal, nerve blocks and intravenous blocks.
- Monitor patients’ vital signs and their dose of anesthesia during medical procedures.
- Oversee patients’ safety during anesthesia recovery.
- Prepare prescribed solutions and administer local, intravenous, spinal, or other anesthetics following specified methods and procedures.
- Respond to emergency situations by providing airway management, administering emergency fluids or drugs, or using basic or advanced cardiac life support techniques.
- Select, order, or administer anesthetics, adjuvant drugs, accessory drugs, fluids or blood products as necessary.
- Perform some administrative duties, such as ordering anesthesia, training new staff, and overseeing department finances.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Current unrestricted registration as a Registered Nurse within home country.
- At least 3 years’ continuous experience as Anesthetist Nurse.
- Certifications or training related to anesthesia program.
- Demonstrate sufficient recent clinical experience in the last 12 months commensurate with the role.
- A valid Home Country License must be maintained at all times
- Full, detailed and most updated resume/CV.
- Valid passport.
- Must be able to speak and understand English Language.
Note: Please submit your resume/CV, diploma, passport copies and credentials translated to English language.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 11 July, 2020