- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high-quality health services they need. We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers. Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed. This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate. Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last. Our headquarters is based in London, UK with offices in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Nepal.
The ProgrammeThe UK Department for International Development in Ghana (DFID Ghana) funded Disability and Mental Health Programme which this role will contribute to, aims to support people with disabilities, including mental health disabilities, neurological and substance use conditions (MNS) to improve their health and wellbeing and ensure they are engaged, empowered and able to enjoy improved social and economic outcomes and rights.
The four key outputs of the Programme include:
- Stronger policy, leadership, resources and governance systems that respect the rights of people with disabilities, including people with mental health disabilities
- Scaled-up quality, integrated, disability inclusive community-based and recovery oriented mental health and social services
- Reduction in negative and discriminatory attitudes, behaviours and norms against people with disabilities, including mental health disabilities
- Evidence generated to inform policy, practice and enabling environment
Summary purpose and objective of roleOptions Consultancy seeks an Assistant Programme Manager to join our Programme Management Team to play a vital role in ensuring the successful delivery of the Mental Health and Disability programme in Ghana.
The Assistant Programme Manager will be responsible for providing programmatic, operational financial and administrative assistance to the Mental Health and Disability programme, ensuring it is delivered effectively, efficiently and to a high standard. This includes supporting the management of the operations and logistics, office management support, programme budget, providing inputs to programme reports and developing project management systems.
The Assistant Programme Manager will work closely with the Programme Manager who will have an overview of their responsibilities. They will have the opportunity to directly engage with the programme team based in Ghana and occasionally with the UK based team in order to successfully delivering complex, global health programmes.
This position is line managed by a Programme Manager within the Programme Management team and will be based in the programme office in Accra, Ghana.
Required Skills or Experience
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Experience of supporting a health, disability and/or mental health programme for at least one year with demonstrable experience supporting and coordinating technical work in similar organisations
- Experience in budgeting, project planning, financial and narrative report writing
- Experience of managing donor-funded budgets
- Experience of managing complex logistics arrangements for programmes, including international travel
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
Method of Application
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to email@example.com. Candidates should state the role (Assistant Programme Manager) in the subject header.
- Closing date: 31 May 2020: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including CRC, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Options is an equal opportunities employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply, including under-represented groups, specifically women and people with disabilities