isionFund International is Financial Empowerment from World Vision, a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Working together as part of World Vision – VisionFund enables communities to increase economic activity, access clean water, education and healthcare, benefit from improvements to nutrition, and provide the foundations for local economies to flourish. As of September 2019, VisionFund provided 1.5 million loans totalling more than US $694 million, while impacting 1.4 million jobs.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief Executive Officer, VisionFund Ghana, you will lead the Microfinance Institution (MFI), building an organization that honours Christian values by positively impacting the lives of many families and children through the delivery of appropriate financial services and training with a particular focus on the rural areas of Ghana. You will create a self-sustaining business with strong foundations (people, process, systems) that is capable of growing while managing risks.
You will manage an effective and efficient operation, delivering to challenging financial and social performance targets and will work closely with World Vision to develop integrated livelihoods programmes and thereby obtain funding from the partnership and donors to grow the operation.
Finally, you will deal with all regulatory issues and lead the organization through the process of conversion into regulated deposit institution in the near future.
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Management or some other related field.
- 10+ years of working experience in senior management in a combination of the following: micro-enterprise lending organization, banking institution, agricultural or an economics/development institution.
- Clear understanding of microfinance industry and technology.
- Fluent in English.
- Office Environment: typical office-based and frequent travel to fields (40% travelling and 60% office-based).
- Travel: 90% Domestic, 10% international travel is desired.
Is this the job for you?
Vision Fund is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most
Method of Application
Closing Date : 20 July, 2020