The Presbyterian Women’s College of Education is a female College of Education in the Eastern Region of Ghana and affiliated to the University of Education, Winneba.
Our core responsibility is to train female teachers for the Ghanaian School system.
The Governing Council of the College invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of a College Principal for consideration.
The College Principal is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Disciplinary Officer and in that capacity shall, subject to the general direction of Council of the College, or policies that the Council may give:
- Ensure the implementation of decisions of Council.
- Exercise general authority over staff of the College.
- Be responsible for:
- admission of students
- discipinie and supervision of staff and students
- preparation of the annual estimates of income and expenditure for consideration by Council;
- providing Council with returns, reports and other relevant information as required.
- Performs any other official functions as may be assigned by the Governing Council
The Candidate must have:
- An advanced degree with a research component, preferably a PhD.
- Rank NOT below Senior Lecturer, Deputy Director (GES) or Principal Tutor at the College of Education
- Relevant senior management experience of at least five (5) years.
- Proven leadership skills and be a team
- Ability to direct and motivate staff.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the tertiary education system in Ghana.
- Share in the vision of the College.
- Be able to serve a minimum of one term of four (4) years from the expected date of appointment of September 1, 2020 before reaching the statutory compulsory retirement age of sixty (60).
How To Apply
All applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae,
- A two page vision statement for the College.
- Recommendation letters from three (3) referees (sent directly by the referees to the email address provided below),
- pies of certificates and should reach the following email address by Friday, 12th June, 2020
Applications should be addressed to:
PRESBYTERIAN WOMEN’S COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
ABURI — AKUAPEM, E/R
All applications should strictly be sent by email.
Only shorthsted applicants will be invited for interview