Zelco Engineering Services Ltd. is an engineering service company providing support to the extractive industry including oil and gas and mining sectors. Zelco boasts of expertise gathered from global hands-on experience both from operator and main contractor perspective. Our network of both local and international engineers puts us up as a viable choice.
The work is varied and may include some or all the responsibilities mentioned below:
- Mechanical design and structural analysis of pressure vessels and piping systems.
- Preparation of conceptual and detail design packages, including optioneering, design development, concept evaluation.
- Design by rule scoping calculations including calculation of pressure thickness, nozzle reinforcement, etc.
- Equipment sizing, selection (including material selection) and procurement.
- Piping, pipe support and piping layout design.
- Production of manufacturing packages, coordination with manufacturer/contractor, review of vendor drawings/documents.
- Preparing conceptual and detailed equipment & piping layouts, piping isometrics.
- Production of deliverables such as design definition and substantiation documents, detailed equipment specifications, pipe material specifications, system performance test specifications.
- Design of pipe supports & spring supports, performing flexibility analysis.
- Operational design support, failure investigations and condition assessment.
- Liaising with all stakeholders and responsible for all technical issues related to their area of specialisation; Co-ordination with other discipline specialists where areas interface or overlap exist.
- Witness pre-commissioning/commissioning activities by the contractor/vendor and produce/review all relevant documentation.
Candidate should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience.
- Degree in Mechanical/Chemical or relevant engineering.
- Above 7 years of experience in Power, Oil & Gas Mining or other highly regulated industrial environment preferred.
- Design experience in piping, pipe support and pipe layout.
- Experience in mechanical design and assessment.
- Proficiency in static, dynamic and thermal stress analysis.
- Exposure to piping fabrication, installation, testing.
- Demonstrable knowledge of design projects, or relevant experience/knowledge of process plant operations is desirable.
- Experienced with analysis software such as Abaqus, CAESAR II, Autopipe, Pipestress, Abaqus, STAAD or RSTAB. Proficiency in software tools like CAEPIPE, AutoCAD; knowledge of PDS, PDMS and other equipment design platforms highly desirable.
- A good understanding and experience working on specification of equipment such as pumps, valves, steam traps etc.
- Knowledge of material selection.
- Understanding of other relevant engineering disciplines.
- Familiar with international design codes and standards (such as: ASME BPVC Section III, RCC-M, ASME B31.1,BS EN 13480 and BS EN13445) and recommended practices pertaining to mechanical design, fabrication, installation, inspection, testing, quality assurance and quality control etc.
- Ability to work independently or as part of team, flexible attitude to the type of work and the level of responsibility accepted.
- Proven computer aptitude, and expertise in MS office.
- Experience or exposure to project management principles desirable.
- Ability to understand and define client’s requirements, plan & schedule deliverables, timelines.
- Proven strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to write accurate, detailed and concise technical reports (e.g. design substantiations, basis of analysis, safety case support references).
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: