- Company: Accra College of Education
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
The Counseling Unit gives in-depth professional Counselling as well as career and placement services to all members of the College, including students and tutors.Position: CounselorDuties and Responsibilities
- The Counsellor is responsible for offering counseling services to both tutors and students as well as career advisory services in the College, in accordance with the policies and procedures prescribed by the Colleges of Education Act and Statutes, or as may be determined by the Council, and the Academic Board.
- The Counsellor is also responsible for the general administration of the Unit in respect of human, financial and material resources within the general framework of the College policy.
- The Counsellor is to ensure that approved programmes and functions of the Unit are duly carried out by members of the Unit.
Required Skills or Experience
- The candidate should possess a good first degree and a Master’s degree in Guidance and Counseling, with relevant work experience.
- In addition, the applicant must have:
- Good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues in College management and administration;
- High-level analytical skills and demonstrable evidence of competence and,
- Considerable experience in dealing with students at the tertiary level.
Method of Application An applicant is required to submit an application letter, CV, certified copies of certificates, and original transcripts.
NOTE: For those with postgraduate degrees, they should provide three (3) reference letters, at least one of whom must have been associated with the applicant’s postgraduate studies,
- Applications should be addressed to.
The Principal Accra College of Education.
P. O. Box: LG 221,
Legon – Accra,
Closing Date: 25th May, 2020