About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good. We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Responsible to provide thought leadership, strategy, and transformational insights to the strategic digital marketing function across Ghana. Drives the bank’s digital agenda to facilitate online acquisition, digital channel utilization, as well as brand awareness. Develops and manages end to end digital marketing campaigns working closely with the retail products, digital banking and agencies. Accountable for digital marketing governance and leadership to ensure consistency in digital implementation within the guidelines.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- In alignment with the central CA B&M objectives, devise and implements digital strategy in Ghana to advance the bank’s digital presence and prominence
- Work with business teams to advise on digital integration and implementation, and advocate customer experience excellence across all Standard Chartered digital touch points.
- Provide proactive strategic insight to the business to enable it to capitalize on and adapt to developments in the digital landscape
- Maintain understanding of the latest digital opportunities and trends in consumer interaction with digital technology and inspire the bank with those possibilities
- Develop a comprehensive content strategy to advance the bank’s thought leadership agenda
- Constantly monitor digital operations across the business to identify opportunities to create efficiencies and increase effectiveness
- Champion the role of digital in all revenue, product, and communication activities; and provide digital knowledge input into customer and proposition development
- Ensure appropriate targets are set for all digital activity and ensure such activity is appropriately tracked
- Drive digital marketing initiatives that will drive online acquisition, digital channel utilisation as well as brand awareness
- Develop and manage end to end Digital Marketing campaigns, working closely with the Retail Products, Digital banking and Agencies
- Ensure alignment of digital campaigns and strategies with overarching ATL and CA activities
- Drive and manage Paid, Owned and Earned media across Online/Mobile
- Drive the deployment of Always On Paid Media strategy
- Understand and drive the deployment of Performance (CPA/CPL) model in Paid Media for Online Acquisition
- Understand the levers and drive the performance of Owned Media properties and optimize to drive business KPIs
- Understand and supervise SEO implementation and improvements to the site content, usability, design
- Drive implementation and tracking of Social Media campaigns and drive fan base across platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Champion the increased investment in digital marketing budgets, monitoring and optimizing spend of the same for maximum ROI
- Work to create digital synergies by connecting function owners of the different aspects of the digital marketing experience to create efficiencies and increase capacity
- Be a brand champion – ensure that all digital strategies and campaigns live up to our Brand promise of Here for Good, while at the same time delivering committed business outcomes
- Provide regular digital reporting with meaningful customer insight to drive strategy
- Work with Legal and Compliance to establish clear process and procedures around digital integration and implementation, and communicate these to the function owners
- Work with owners of the different digital functions to ensure collaboration, communication, and synergy of efforts
- Ongoing audit and optimization of digital processes
- Proactively manage digital agencies
People and Talent
- Create training and learning opportunities for digital stakeholders to enable them to increase their understanding and capacity
- Share digital best practises with leadership and relevant stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Create opportunities for collaboration and the cross-pollination of ideas across digital stakeholders
- Demonstrate shift towards anticipation of risk
- Establish processes that quickly identify reputational risks and define protocols to address them within the bank’s ORF, and provide training to relevant stakeholders to support the same
- Establish and enforce standards of digital excellence across the different owners of the digital ecosystem, and give regular feedback and support on the same
- Regular partner and agency evaluation to ensure that service levels are being delivered upon and that the bank is deriving the maximum benefit out of these vendors
- Regular reviews of relevant stakeholder’s digital competency and understanding of their roles and responsibilities in the digital ecosystem
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the digital team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Provide leadership to digital stakeholders in complying with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and practises as defined by internal and external requirements. Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
Internal – functional
- Regional Head, Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing – Africa and the Middle East, and Head of B&M AME
- Head, Digital Marketing, Africa
- Head, Brand and Client Marketing Services, Ghana
- Head, Product & Client Segments, Ghana
- Head, Client Acquisition, Ghana
Internal – regional and country level
- Country Business and Function Heads
- Retail Banking Team
- Advertising agencies
- Media agencies
- Digital agencies
- Vendors and suppliers
- Bloggers, and online content creators
- Develop profile with relevant digital platform organizations and influencers
- Network with peers in the industry and other sectors
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing Team
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
- At least 5 years experience managing and implementing digital strategy and integration
- A demonstrated understanding of the role of digital in building a holistic brand experience
- Strong project management skills
- Budget management
- An understanding of digital industry including but not limited to Banking/Finances;
- Deep Experience in managing SEM, SEM/PPC, Display & Affiliate marketing is a must;
- In depth understanding of Digital Marketing concept, best practice & key levers;
- Extensive experience in E2E marketing campaign management from research to implementation phase and ROI measurement;
- Strong understanding of habits of Digital consumer and competitive landscape;
- Experience in using Digital Analytics and Media tracking tools (Omniture and Google Analytics) with strong understanding of technical aspects of Digital media performance & measurement;
- ROI focused thinking;
- Good at Excel, PowerPoint and other MS office programs.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 28 June, 2020