- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Sunyani
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To operate dozer to deliver daily maintenance of pit, dump and stockpile floors and roads, as well as managing the efficient operation of all dumping operations, in a safe and controlled manner.
- Conduct pushing/ dozing activities such as:
- Clearing pit environment after blasting activities.
- Conducting clearing and stripping as required for mining activities.
- Perform clean-up activities and maintain road grades for shovels / excavators and loaders.
- Use dozer to perform cut and fill to design using GPS (dozer files) or field sticks / pegs.
- Manage waste dump and stockpile tip-ends including the safe, accurate spotting of haul trucks for dumping.
- Conduct post-shift inspections regarding hazards and defects identified and communicate these to Dispatch/ Supervisor and the incoming operators for the smooth running of Operations.
- Communicate with Loading Equipment Operators to verify the safety of clean-up activities inside the loading unit proximity.
- Inspect and operate dozer, in compliance with Newmont and manufacturer specifications.
- Follow all safety policies, procedures and legislation.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations)
- Senior High School Certificate.
- Mineral Commission Operators License.
- Drivers’ License E.
- Knowledge and understanding of dozer operations.
- General knowledge of dozers and other heavy equipment.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ dozing operation experience in an open pit-mining environment.
Position is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit in the cabin of heavy mining equipment tracking over uneven surfaces for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the field environment is minimal. Occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperature, moving machinery, hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces, extreme weather conditions.
- Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions.
- Incumbent occasionally has to work overtime.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 26 July, 2020