- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Koforidua
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
We are looking for someone to conduct a safe troubleshooting, replacement, repair, testing and general maintenance of electrical and instrumentation production equipment and systems, according to electrical codes and specifications, to optimize plant processing and production.
- Execute on electrical maintenance tasks for completion, arising out of schedules received from the E&I Supervisor.
- Conduct daily work planning around STP’s, JHA / FLRA and SAFE checks.
- Identify, resolve and correct detected E&I faults and defects in equipment.
- Troubleshoot technical and / or operational problems.
- Conduct in-depth investigations into faults affecting equipment operations and process flows.
- Diagnose and repair electrical power and control systems, AC V/S drives and associated electrical equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance on all electrical equipment, in line with approved maintenance standards.
- Analyse specified problems and issues to find the best technical solutions within OEM specifications and in accordance with local codes.
- Provide a hands-on solution for electrical faults and defects to equipment and machinery.
- Produce daily reports indicating the jobs completed for the day and submit the report to the E&I Supervisor.
- Accomplish work objectives by determining own daily work and prioritization schedule.
- Coordinate with support services and assign short-term tasks to other Technicians, as necessary.
Training & Experience
- Electrical Engineering Technician II Certificate.
- Other relevant Electrical Engineering Trade Test Certificate.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ electrical maintenance experience in a mining plant / process environment.
- Wide ranging experience across various voltage electrical works – extra-low, low and high.
- Strong knowledge of applicable electrical codes.
- Strong knowledge of process instrumentation.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to work in confined spaces and will be exposed to extreme vibration.
- Work Environment: The employee is required to operate in a safety-critical environment with hazardous materials and potentially harmful / dangerous machinery and equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to noise more than 85 decibels, and high temperature hazardous materials (chemicals and fumes during work at Reagent, CIL and Elution), sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc. The incumbent will regularly lift heavy materials and / or operate heavy machinery.
- Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask according to working conditions
Method of Application
Closing Date : 1 July, 2020