- Company: Tata Communications
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT / Telecom Jobs in Ghana
Field Level Project Co-ordinator (Ghana Local)
Location – Ghana
Areas of Responsibility
- Need to perform field visits to check & confirm quality of the work completed in DWDM, Fiber, PoP infra, civil works etc. manage theOSP vendor Engineering, Construction and Splicing.
- Track the project plan and proactively highlight if there are any challenges
- Ensure that all the SOP’s are followed while performing the respective works and approvals are in place.
- Co-ordinate with other utility owners for alignment and ROW permissions and other wayleaves
- Report GIS updates to GIS Engineer.
- Conduct Feasibility checks for new opportunities and report to central staffs.
- Validate the material consumption and reconciliation on the ground with proper tracker
- Need to be a self-contributor and a team player who can effectively engage resources for maximum productivity
- Need to validate the logs & reports generated and should have the capability to technical validate the correctness and report the status
- Able to handle the transmission equipment’s in event of Card failure, SFP failure, fiber patch chords damaged.
- Familiar in handling planned network outages and sync up with all relevant stakeholders in case of ring shifting/upgradation/network failure.
- Need to perform the acceptance tests on behalf of Smartinfraco / Ascend of the network sections ensuring all the appropriate prerequisites and documentation are in place
- Punch points from the acceptance tests to be tracked to closure and status to be reported
- Daily updates, weekly, and monthly status reports / dashboards to be shared with the central team
- Responsible for validation and Optimization of network expansion design,BOQ and pricing.
- Should analyse first line faults on Power intra and Microwave Transport links etc.
Work Experience Requirements
- Should be from telecom background of which 4 – 5 years in Fiber projects and Operations
- Should have experience of working with multiple tools like OTDR, Powermeter,Laser source,Fusion splicer etc.
- Should have previous experience in managing Fiber networks in Ghana and should have good geographic understanding
- Understanding & experience of new technologies like SDH / DWDM/OTN etc.
- Understanding of standard BOM and cost structure associated with various OEM’s for multiple solutions
- Should have good field experience with testing and performed acceptance testing
- Good analytic skills, Team player and interpersonal skills
Education & Technical / Professional Certificates
- Good blend of telecom domain, technical and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills and people management skills
- Strong oral & written communication skills in English
Method of Application
Closing Date : 4 July, 2020