.. Read more about this company
Field Service Engineer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Accra
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
The position will provide field service and technical support to customers in the diagnostic laboratory environment. This position is responsible for repairing, upgrading, moving and maintaining all analysers operational in the diagnostic laboratory or research environment. This is a support function to the company and the levels are maintained 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in line with the service provided by our customers. Main KPI’s – service effectiveness, administrative compliance and preventative maintenance visit completions. NATURE AND SCOPE Operations Support
- To independently service, support and maintain a wide range of medical diagnostic equipment in line with company procedures.
- URV – PM and repair effectiveness
- Demonstrate accountability for analysers assigned to as preferred engineer.
- Manage the process of PM and MOD completion for preferred analyzers.
- Possess sound administrative skills to complete all required tasks within the allocated timeframe.
- Boot stock and ASL management
- Debrief quality and accuracy
- Adhere to all service department policies and procedures.
- Promote the company with customers and play an active role in customer retention initiatives.
- Possess a sound analytical and technical ability to assess and deal with difficult analyser problems.
- Possess sound communication skills to address issues effectively with internal and external customers.
- Identify potential service, training and product sales, or future business opportunities, recommending an action plan to the appropriate departments.
- Adheres to policies and procedures.
- Effective time management and personal organization.
- Must have a sense of urgency and immediate impact.
- Champion DBS to drive continuous improvement.
- Must be customer focused.
- Must be innovative, curious and comfortable with work place complexities.
- Must have high self-awareness and good emotional intelligence.
- Must be coachable and have a passion for new ideas while being able to get results under tough conditions.
Knowledge / Competencies / Experience Requirements
- Preferred: Diploma and 5 years’ experience in the field
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A self-motivated person who looks forward to significant field-based activity
- Fluent English (written and oral) and one second major language an asset (specifically to territory language)
Method of Application Interested and qualified? Go to Beckman Coulter Diagnostics on jobs.danaher.com to apply