We are looking for a reliable Financial Manager that will analyse everyday financial activities of the farm and subsequently provide advice and guidance to senior management on strategic financial plans. The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
Financial Management and Analysis
- Set up a global standard Finance Department
- Develop and maintain financial governance structures of the company to achieve business goals
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Develop trends and projections for Akro-farm’s finances.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Correspond with other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Develop and maintain a documented system of accounting, business policies and procedures for internal controls.
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management
- Assist in the determination of product pricing concerning features offered and competitor pricing
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Interpret the Akro-farms financial results to management and recommend improvement actions
- Manage the preparation of Akro-farm’s budget
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- A minimum of 10 years proven experience as a Financial Manager
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within a company and general market patterns
- Proficient user of finance software
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
This is an excellent permanent opportunity for a candidate with at least 10 years’ experience in a similar position
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACCA/ICA Ghana)
- Must understand local payroll and tax legislation
- Must possess extensive knowledge of IFRS
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Must be honest, trustworthy and be able to demonstrate strong work ethics
- Must be able to work independently with the necessary discipline
- Must have excellent interpersonal, team building, analytical and problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Must be entrepreneurial and willing to take initiatives
- Should be able to work well under pressure
- Must have supervisory skills
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills
- Have a flair for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods
This is an excellent permanent opportunity for a candidate who is willing to grow with us. Are you the one we are looking for?
Apasare-Adawso (1 hour 45 minutes drive from Accra and 30 minutes drive from Koforidua E/R)
How To Apply
Please email your application (CV and cover letter) to
with the subject line “Application for Finance Manager.”
Name the files using this format; “Finance Manager_Last Name_First Name “
Please call 0501346837 for more information.
Deadline for application submission is 20th June 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No agencies, please!