- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
Provide Financial Advice, produce financial reports and develop strategies based on financial research. Guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
REPORT TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Implementation and effective monitoring of all system accounts (General Ledger, Fixed Assets Register, Debtors and Creditors accounts, etc.) to ensure accurate balances.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and financial advisors.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current laws.
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
Payroll Preparation and Administration
- Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Negotiate and manage the employee insurance and benefits plans.
- Process and submit statutory and benefits remittances on time.
- Issue annual Pension Fund Contribution Status.
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Managing Director and Management.
- Develop and implement systems and procedures for analyzing budgetary performance to aid monitoring and control.
- Evaluate the need for new technology to meet the organization’s financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, up to date with Groups Requirements and support current activities and future growth.
- Monitor business/ financial risk management policies and procedures to ensure that departmental and organizational risks are minimized
- Advise the company’s leadership on appropriate insurance coverage for all processes and agreements
- Maximize income where possible and appropriate
- Negotiate with Bank for lines of credit or other financial services as required and appropriate
Procurement/ Inventory Management
- Oversee and supervise the procurement function of the organization including purchases, suppliers’ agreement, property/facility management, and provision of furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations
- Oversee the financial aspect of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments
- To provide oversight on controls in relation to inventory, fuel, and sundry.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with external auditors, regulatory agencies and other external shareholder in the area of financial and management accounting.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong analytical ability/perspective required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a self –starter and highly self-directed
- Prior Accounting Analysis experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Intuitive ability
- Leadership qualities
- Pleasant disposition
- Proven experience as a Financial Manager
- Extensive understanding of financial trends and general market patterns
- Proficient user of finance software e.g. ERP
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCED
- Degree in BSc. Finance Option plus a Professional qualification (CA or ACCA)
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics with be an advantage
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience
Method of Application
Interested applicants may submit application and curriculum vitae to the under listed email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.