- Company: ACDI/VOCA
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ghana
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Food Environment Analysis Consultant, Ghana
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a consultant or firm to conduct a Food Environment Analysis for the anticipated USAID Market Systems and Resilience Activity in Ghana. The activity will facilitate the development of a competitive market space that is inclusive, resilient and sustainable in the provision of goods and services demanded by actors.
The consultant/firm will be responsible for conducting primary research, including the collection, review, and summarization of nutrition and food security documents; implementing the survey in the ZOI; supporting analysis of FEA by the US-based consultant. Estimated LOE for this assignment is 20 days.
- Assist in gathering supporting documents from relevant local organizations and government institutions;
- Co-develop a research plan and study design template for the field to use in planning the implementation of the Food Environment Analysis;
- Coordinate field research plan with ACDI/VOCA’s Ghana based Capture Coordinator;
- Participate in a remote pre-data collection training and orientation to discuss data collection tools, logistics and prepare in-country team for data collection;
- Conduct the food environment analysis in-country at multiple data collection sites across the target regions;
- Synthesize and package survey results (submission of data is expected five days after the completion of field work)
- Provide a debrief of the research findings to the proposal team;
- Provide additional nutrition related consulting work to support the proposal as needed
- Advanced degree in humanitarian affairs, international development, nutrition, or related field;
- Experience with nutrition-sensitive and food security programming;
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative methods and analysis of data; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 24th June, 2020