- Company: Reputable Venture Capital Firm
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
The FFA does all the ‘back office’ financial and administrative paperwork processing, ensuring that partners have up-to-date information on the fund’s investment performance and that the fund comply with all necessary legal and investment requirements. The FFA will plan and oversee the daily operations of the firm to ensure achievement of goals and objectives and will have oversight for Accounting & Finance, HR & Office Administration, IT functions and Business Operations. Sh/e will be responsible for ensuring that the Firm meets and complies with all statutory and regulatory requirements on time.
The Responsibilities of the FFA Include:
Preparing Fund accounts, IRR calculation, cash flow reconciliations denominated in local and foreign currencies.
Managing enquiries from investors, liaising with third party fund administrators, auditors, tax advisors, legal advisors and regulators.
Preparing monthly and quarterly management accounts for the Firm
Working with the Portfolio Manager to manage pre and post finance investment implementation, tax and compliance issues
Assisting in reviewing valuation models
Maintaining Fund shareholder register and investor files (contact information, capital accounts, capital call records, etc )
Calculating partner allocations for the fund, including carried interest and preferred returns.
Calculating partner distributions from the fund.
Calculating management fees and other contractual fees.
Preparing and distributing capital call notices.
Distributing financial statements, account statements, and other information to investors.
Administering general office and operations of the Firm.
Maintaining and updating information on the firm’s website.
Professional Qualification –
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with Accounting & Finance options; Commerce; Accounting
- Professional certificate in Accounting (ACCA, ICA Ghana, etc.) a plus
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Finance, Accounting and Administrative role.
- Experience in fund administration desirable
- Legal education or legal background a plus.
- Completion of the Ghana Stock Exchange training courses a plus.
Skills and Knowledge –
- Sound Fund/Investment accounting knowledge and experience, good networking skills, good team spirit & leadership skills, problem solving, excellent managerial & supervisory skills and negotiation skills
Time management, resource management, strategic analysis, ability to make tough decisions
Innovative, Results Oriented, Desire to Execute with Excellence, Customer Centric, Relentless Attituded to Problem Solving, Detail Oriented, Integrity and Highly Ethical.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should please email their Resumes or CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25 April 2020