- Company: Nemchem
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
Nemchem International, a well-established multinational Contract Cleaning and Chemical company operating throughout Africa seek to employ a General Manager who will based in Ghana.
- Owned or self-managed a services company and staff
- Experience for a tender / contract based multi-service business.
- Operational management experience within the Services Management industry
- Minimum 5 years related industry knowledge advantageous
- Demonstrable track record and experience in sales within a highly commercial and competitive environment advantageous
- Experience in building and managing successful teams
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on person with a strong personality and a “can do” attitude who is able to thrive and overcome the challenges of working in Africa.The ability to get involved with the day to day detail as well as maintain an overall functioning of the business is vital.
- Ability to communicate and present at a senior level
- Well-developed strategic planning skills
- Good verbal and written command of English
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Integrity and ability to work under pressure
- An independent team player Assertive, Reliable, Proactive & Self Disciplined
- Innovative entrepreneurial personality and skills
- Team culture and focus
- Customer orientated Target Driven / Results orientated
- Competitive net salary including generous profit share based on results
- Company Car and Fuel Allowance
- Inclusive of Housing
- Flight Allowance
- Education for dependents: None
Training and probation:
The successful candidate will be greatly assisted in terms of orientation and familiarisation with company policies protocols and procedures. A three to six-month probation period will be applicable dependent on the individual. Your spouse will preferably only join the incumbent once the probation period has been successfully completed.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the full scope of the operation including day-to-day delivery of service, operational development, budget performance, profit & loss management, sales, manufacturing, and all labour related functions. You will be the driving force behind relationship management, operational excellence, business growth, customer service, staff training and professionalism, as well as the development of a safety-based culture.
In their capacity as general manager he/she will maintain and ensure all duties and deadlines are achieved consistently:
These include but are not limited to:
- Management of 200 staff members including training, development and staff contracts.
- Chemical Manufacture encompassing timeous ordering of raw materials, stock management and storage as well as health and safety and distribution and logistics.
- Warehouse and inventory management encompassing stock control and management, chemicals, detergents, and general stock. This includes minimising damage, pilferage and expiration, order management, vehicle and asset maintenance and distribution and delivery.
- Administration pertaining to overall responsibility for profit and loss, tax and applicable government submissions and deadlines, finance and accounts management – reporting to a centralised accounts department, budget adherence and optimisation, management of debtors and creditors, stock. Operational cost maintenance and reduction in respect of assets, rentals, consumables and labour.
- Sales and customer service. Build and maintain customer base and service, ensure tender deadlines are managed and secured, ensure contracts are managed in line with service conditions and KPI’s, ensure service delivery in terms of staff allocation and equipment are optimal, manage customer complaints and service failures expediently. Market research in terms of knowledge of competition and market trends to act accordingly and take advantage as opportunities arise.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers, staff, organisations and local authorities in order to ensure continued successful operations.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 25 May, 2020