- Company: SAIC
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education Jobs in Ghana
SAIC is seeking a GPOI-Senior Trainer for work in Ghana with the US State Department’s GPOI (Global Peace Operations Initiative) training program.
- Will be the Team Lead’s senior trainer and principal peace operations staff instructor.
- Lead efforts to train, mentor, and advise both the training center staff and the senior leaders of the battalion/unit deploying to a peacekeeping mission.
Required Education and Experience:
- HS/GED and 19 years of experience OR Bachelors and 15 years or more of related experience; OR Masters and 13 years or more experience; OR PhD or JD and 4 years or more experience.
- 15 cumulative years of US or NATO military experience; must include combat arms battalion/brigade staff officer experience on a U.S. or NATO military staff (combat arms, Army or Marines, is defined as armor, cavalry, engineer, field artillery, infantry or special forces).
- Directly related military service after September 11, 2001.
- Attainment of military grade of O-4 and higher (or NATO equivalent)
- Relevant military operations or foreign security force (police or military) training experience in the last 5 years.
- Experience as senior trainer to a foreign security partner with directly related experience in capacity building and unit-level assessments.
- Commanded a combat arms battalion level unit (combat arms is defined as armor, cavalry, engineer, field artillery, or special forces) in the U.S. or NATO military land forces that will allow that individual to best support the task order objectives and goals while mentoring the training center staff, battalion staff, and battalion leadership.
- Regional experience in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Battalion and/or brigade staff experience while deployed to a combat, peacekeeping, or other contingency operation.
- UN peacekeeping operations experience.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 26 July, 2020