Plantations Socfinaf Ghana (PSG) Limited
wishes to inform all qualified and interested candidates about a vacant position Health Assistant in the Admin/HR Department.
Reporting To: Senior Nurse
To be part of the Clinic Team in providing health care for patients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that supplies and medical equipment are replenished.
- Take the temperature, blood pressure, and blood glucose levels of patients, and recording the results.
- Record the pulse rate of patients.
- Measure patients’ weight.
- Prepare patients for therapy.
- Making up beds, giving out bedpans, and collecting bedpans.
- Care for and undertake cleaning of equipment (instruments and bedpans)
- Ensure that all actions undertaken is consistent with the patient’s multi –disciplinary plan of care
- Carry out other official duties assigned by the Senior Nurse.
Communication and Working Relationships
- Maintain effective communication with colleagues, visitors and clients/patients.
- Attend and contribute at staff meetings
- Effectively work in a team of Clinic staff.
Personal and People Development
- Attend in-house training sessions in relation to nursing care to update knowledge and skills
- Monitor own performance against agreed objectives and standards.
- Keep log of own performance and in-service training log for purposes of appraisal.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Take care of own safety and others who may be affected by your actions or omissions
- Adhere to the GHS Health and Safety Policies and use any equipment or personal protective equipment provided to ensure safety.
- Work within the prescribed quality standards for nursing care.
- Comply with the GHS quality assurance policy and guidelines.
The position holder must at all times:
- Work in accordance with the GHS Code of Professional Conduct and Disciplinary Procedure.
- Strictly adhere to the provisions of the Patient’s Charter.
This job description is intended as a guide to the principal duties and responsibilities for the post and should not be considered an exhaustive list. It is subject to change in line with future development of the service.
Required Skills or Experience
Educational Qualification and Experience
GCE ‘O’ Level/WASSCE Certificate (3 passes including English) plus Certificate in Health Facility Assistant with minimum of Two years’ working experience.
Evidence of further development
Some knowledge of quality assurance issues and GHS guidelines relating to patient/client confidentiality
Skills and Abilities
- Communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to relate to people from differing backgrounds
- Ability to initiate and maintain clear, concise documentation
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: