The Global Programme Migration & Diaspora (PMD), commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), has the objective that key players in partner countries are increasingly taking advantage of the positive effects that regular migration and diaspora engagement are having on local social and economic development. It is run under the umbrella of the Center for International Migration and Development (CIM), which is jointly implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and the International Placement Services (ZAV) of the German Federal Employment Agency (BA).
In Ghana, the PMD is implemented under the roof of the Ghanaian-Germar Centre for Jobs, Migration and Reintegration. The Business Ideas for Development (GfE) Coordinator role sits within the PMD Diaspora Cooperation component (DK) of the Ghanaian-German Centre for Jobs, Migration and Reintegration (GGC).
Project: GGC – Programme Migration & Diaspora (PMD)
Reports to: Senior National Coordinator, PMD
Assignment Period: The contract ends on 30.11.2022
Location: Accra, Greater Accra
Tasks The GfE Coordinator at GIZ Ghana is to provide all-rounded coordinating support and advisory services to diaspora founders, with development relevant business ideas to startup in Ghana; contributing to employment creation and/or boosting socio-economic development of partner countries.
• Work closely with the PMD Senior National Coordinator, who represents the PMD at country level under the roof of the Ghanaian German Centre for Jobs, Migration & Reintegration.
• Carries out marketing and outreach activities within PMD partner country, Ghana in the context A Business Ideas for Development (GfE) in consultation with the PMD Senior National Coordinator and officers responsible for marketing and public relations activities.
• Supports in the marketing and acquisition of applicants as well as the active participation in the annual call for proposals “Business Ideas for Development” (GfE).
• Develops the range of services offered in the Ghana on an ongoing basis, including implementing specific events (e.g. trade Its for employers, founders, etc.)
• Supports GfE related events organized in and out of the country through the provision of information on the local economic situation and opportunities for entrepreneurs from the diaspora, Germany
• Creates and updates key stakeholder Map in the area of local business startups and postfounding phases, develops and maintains the network among relevant strategic stakeholders, and tracks the further development of the entrepreneurship ecosystem for GfE founders, establishes a network to support people setting up their own businesses in various areas: market exploration, import/export/customs/law, start-up formalities, financing, business A business (B2B) and business partners
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the PMD Senior National Coordinator, Ghana and the GfE Project Manager, GIZ Headquarters.
Qualification Required & Experience Your Profile
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Public Administration or any other related field, entrepreneurship related qualification/experience is an added advantage.
• A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of relevant work experience
• Preferably, relevant professional experience in the context of Private Sector Development and Migration and Diaspora.
• Stay in Germany for an extended period and relevant professional experience in Germany and Ghana is advantageous.
• Availability to travel work-related within the country, region and to Germany
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
• Ideally has gained some working experience and basic knowledge of International development cooperation.
• Excellent command of verbal and written English, professional level German is an advantage.
• Highly Organized, analytical and a problem solver
• High level of communication and negotiation skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
• Excellent knowledge of IT (Microsoft Office Tools, Scanner, Printer)
Our Offer Competitive GIZ salary structure, SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus.
How To Apply For The Job Interested and suitable applicants are to forward a detailed curriculum vitae and a one – page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org under the job code 2020/PMD/03/01 please consider your application unsuccessful. Closing Date: 31 March, 2020