The general public is hereby notified that there is a vacancy for the post a Finance Officer at the University of Mines and Technology Tarkwa. Qualified and interested persons may submit applications for the post not later than 19th June, 2020.
• The Finance Officer will be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for all financial issues of the University.
• The person will also, among others, be responsible for the preparation and consolidation of final accounts, corporate planning treasury management and liaison with external stakeholders in respect of financial matters affecting the University.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Candidate must hold a Master’s Degree in either Finance or Accounting from a recognised University and membership of a recognised professional accounting body (that is, ICA (Ghana), ACCA, ACA, ICMA etc).
• The person should, in addition, show evidence of a good grasp of financial administration procedures with rich relevant post-professional qualification experience of not less than 12 years
The applicant should possess the following qualities
• Strong leadership skills and dynamish
• Strategic thinker with the capacity of initiating, formulating and implementing financial accounting policies and controls at a higher level academic setting
• A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Good communication and excellent report writing skills, evidence of refereed publications in academic or professional journals will be an advantage
• A high sense of responsibility and moral integrity and
• Computer literacy and the use of modern financial accounting software
• Experience in University financial administration at the level of a Deputy Finance Officer or higher management level would be an advantage
• The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for 4 years in the first instance and may be subject to renewal for another 4 years or part thereof.
Conditions of service are as applicable in Government of Ghana subverted Universities
How To Apply For The Job
Prospective candidates should send ten (10) copies of their curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and statements of their vision for the University in not more than five hundred (500) words to the following address:
Search Committee for Finance Officerc/o
University of Mines and Technology
Post Office Box 237
Tarkwa – Ghana
Search committee for Finance Officerc/o
The Office Manager
Universities of Ghana Overseas Office
Ghana Universities House321 City Road
London ECIV ILJUnited Kingdom
Candidates should request three (3) referees to submit confidential reports on them directly to the same address.
Closing Date: 19 June, 2020