A Sunyani-based radio station with top of the range facilities seeks a results-oriented General Manager to run the day-to-day management of the station as well as provide leadership and vision.
• The General Manager is responsible and accountable for overall administration, personnel, programming, financing, technical operations and public relations of the station.
• Working with the staff and the Station’s Board, the General Manager is responsible for monitoring and guiding the station.
• (GM) supervises a management team consisting of the Programmes Manager, News Editor, Finance and Administration Manager, Marketing Manager, others, in the administration of all station operations, including programming, human resources, budgeting, sales and marketing, long-term planning, and NCA compliance. The GM reports to the CEO and Board.
Sales and Marketing
• Act as the Chief Marketing Officer ,the marketing of the station, sourcing of business, and design, implementation and monitoring strategies for strong market penetration. Demonstrate performance with evidence in revenue growth
• Supervises the preparation of the station’s annual budget and presents it to the Board for review and approval.
• Institute and monitor systems for efficient planning and monitoring
• Ensure efficient use of resources; demonstrated by increased revenue and cost control
• Design and implement efficient systems for credits and collections
• Ensure transmitter function and compliance with all necessary local and national laws and regulations.
• Take custody of all assets and manage them efficiently with strong adherence to maintenance and servicing
• Ensure maintenance of physical plant in conjunction with Technicians
• Ensure program content complies with all necessary local and national laws,
• regulations, and requirements as well as the Station’s policies and requirements.
• Establish, maintain, and review programming goals and services in line with
• Station’s mission and goals.
• Oversee technical broadcast operations, and program content, delivery and format
• Serve as a non-voting member of the station’s Board, attending Board meetings as an ex-officio member.
• Manage all employees of the station, ensuring high motivation and morale for optimal performance
• Handle all issues of staff grievances and discipline.
• Ensure adherence to the labour law and company policies and procedures regarding employment processing, recruitment and selection, hiring, performance evaluation, termination, and other personnel actions.
• Ensure that public safety measures are in place for staff, clients and visitors.
• Represent the station at public forums. Handle media relations for the station.
• Establish and maintain an excellent relationship with the NCA and all other relevant regulatory bodies to ensure the Station’s compliance
• Oversee up to date maintenance of the Station’s website and social media engagements to ensure strong media presence.
Terms of Appointment
• The appointment is full time with 5 years contract to begin .
• The successful applicant shall be provided accommodation at Sunyani
• An attractive remuneration
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelors degree in Media, HND or Diploma in Marketing or Management
• Experience as General Manager or Sales and Marketing Manager in a leading radio station
• Demonstrated abilities in revenue growth
• A strong sales and marketing orientation
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial approach to business
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their CVs together with addresses of two referees to:-email@example.com
Closing Date: 01 July, 2020