• install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
• monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
• talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
• troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
• replace parts as required
• provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
• follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
• support the roll-out of new applications
• set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
• respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
• work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
• prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
• rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers
• test and evaluate new technology
• conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Knowledge and understanding of the current and developing strategic information requirements of a major research university.
• Knowledge of current trends and developments in information technology.
• Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Strategic planning and advanced leadership skills.
• Ability to develop requests for and evaluate proposals in reference to leading-edge information services technology.
• Ability to provide strategic guidance and counsel to clientele in the assessment and development of existing and/or proposed systems.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• A minimum of a diploma is required
• 3 years work experience is needed
Location: Accra Central
How To Apply For The Job
C.V.s should be sent via:email@example.com indicating the position as the subject of the e- mail
Closing Date: 03 July, 2020