KPMG on behalf of a client is looking for an Operations Manager – Ghana to assume a key role in the overall management of a significant housing project aimed to reducing the shortfall in affordable housing in the country. Our client is a private sector entity who is working closely with key stakeholders such as the Government of Ghana, NGOs and other key partners. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented professional to join a fast growing provider of quality and sustainable living solutions to the developing world.
Reporting to the Group CEO, the Operations Manager will assume a key role in the overall management of activities in Ghana, which include: managing day to day operations relating to development and construction planning and execution, local administration, liaison and compliance with local statutory bodies requirements, project financial and commercial aspects, and other operational requirements as and when they arise.
• The Operations Manager shall perform the following but not limited to:
• Full responsibility for the construction and management of the manufacturing facility
• Understand and manage the development and master planning, detailed design and early works planning.
• Review and validate detailed design and Engineering Deliverables
• Create and oversee maintenance of the projects baseline schedule and ongoing reporting of progress against plan
• Oversee development and construction milestones and ensure that works are delivered to plan and budget.
• Day to day liaison with appointed consultants/contractors/vendors and other key stakeholders.
• Assess and plan for the resourcing needs of the projects.
• Control cost by proper forecasting, planning and execution.
• Establishing procedures & controls to ensure that project activities are conducted in accordance with agreed plans.
• Ensure that HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) is never compromised.
• Ensure appropriate project management systems are implemented to facilitate early warning notification of potential commercial / schedule items for further action.
• Responsible for local statutory and licensing compliance
• Establish appropriate project reporting processes and protocols.
Qualification Required & Experience
Professional and Academic Qualification:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and licensed to practice in Ghana
• A self-starter who is well versed in the construction industry in Ghana and who has worked as a Project Manager for large housing or infrastructure projects in Ghana or overseas
• A significant amount of commercial acumen will be crucial as well as one who will be willing to roll uphis sleeves as the team will be small in the initial stages.
• The ideal candidate will be open and considered in their approach to problem solving. Overseas experience whilst not essential, would be beneficial
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the construction industry
Travel: Travel to site locations will be required
How To Apply For The Job
Please send your application with a detailed CV with the subject line “Operations Manager Ghana Application” to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 26 June, 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.