Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
• UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions: Paste or Construction Crew.
• These are Obuasi based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
• The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
• Extend ventilation services to areas where needed, which includes hanging ventilation bags and moving and/or installing secondary fans
• Extend water, air and pump services to areas where needed
• Move and install pumps to areas where needed
• Maintain and repair services and equipment such as vent bags, poly pipe and valves
• Hand installation and grouting of cable bolts
• Installation of underground infrastructure
• Construction of ventilation walls
• Installation of remote operated equipment infrastructure.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in underground mining, two (2) of which have been as a Paste Crew or Service Screw.
• Must have a proactive attitude toward safety and hazard identification.
• Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
• Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers
• Ability to work under pressure and have the desire to achieve.
• Ability to workday and night rotation
How To Apply For The Job
Selection Process Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fit, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
• Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
• Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
• List your most recent positions first.
• Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 20 June, 2020 Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.