A reputable Ghanaian NGO Invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians for the position of a Public Relations/Fund Sourcing Officer.
• The successful candidate will be the Press & Media Relations/Fund Sourcing Officer of the N.G.O. He will be responsible for promoting and maintaining the image of the Organisation, ensuring publicity and disseminating information to members of the public, the press and/or other stakeholders.
• Responsible for the Development of an Action Plan and Strategies for Fund Sourcing, Sponsorships and Grants
Job Description and Responsibilities
Seek opportunities for Fund Sourcing for Sponsorships and Grants Develop PR campaigns and media relations strategies
• Edit and update promotional material and publications.
• Prepare and distribute press releases
• Organise PR events (e.g. press conferences) and serve as the company’s spokesperson
• Address inquiries from the media and other stakeholders
• Track media coverage and follow industry trends
• Prepare and submit PR reports
• Manage PR issues
• Develop media contacts
• Prepare media evaluation reports
• Attend press conferences and media interviews
• Generate ideas to gain more media coverage
Qualification Required & Experience
The successful candidate must have: • A Post-Graduate qualification in Communication/Marketing and related discipline with a minimum of five (5) years post-qualification experience in a reputable institution
• Good IT skills and literate in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access etc.
• Must have ability to motivate and drive growth
• Strong professional ethics, excellent communication, organisational and time management skills and ability to work under pressure
• Proven experience as a Public Relations Officer or similar PR role in a reputable institution
• Possess sufficient knowledge in the banking industry
• Experience in managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
• Background in researching, writing and editing publications
• An excellent working knowledge of IT and applications relating to communications (should be Proficient in MS Office and social media)
• Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
• An excellent knowledge of the media, and media law
• The ability to work to meet tight deadlines
• The ability to work well as a team player
How To Apply For The Job Interested applicants should submit an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and the applicant’s vision related to the position which should not be more one page A4 sheet to the following address: email@example.com or P. O. Box 13201, Accra Closing Date: 02 April, 2020