AEL Mining Services is a leading developer, producer and supplier of commercial explosives, initiating systems and blasting services for mining, quarrying and construction markets in Africa and beyond. AEL Mining Services is a Division of AECI Ghana Limited, and a subsidiary of AECI Limited, listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Purpose of Job
• To efficiently manage the Operations and SHEQ portfolios by providing leadership, planning and evaluation of the operations team and complying with the Minerals and Mining Regulations of Ghana so as to meet the company’s manufacturing requirement and ensuring consistent customer satisfaction OTIF.
• To ensure that SHE requirements are met always, and to improve SHEQ profile for all plants to meet corporate requirements, safe operating of all plants and personnel
• To plan and conduct Quality Audits and ensure that all non-conformances both internal and external are closed out within the required time limits so as to meet company requirement.
• To improve people performance and capability taking into account career progression and business needs and ensure that surbodinates are trained with the specific skills needed for their jobs to enhance the competencies of the workforce thereby improving the quality of service given to our customers.
• To achieve expected plant efficiency by implementing manufacturing policy identify capacity needs, evaluate daily production and develop production superintendents and supervisors trouble shooting capability so as to continually improve the efficiency of the plants at an optimum cost.
• To meet customer requirements within agreed parameters and implement quality management system by assisting the Quality Superintendent to conduct investigations of customer complaints so as to ensure reduction of waste at the plants, and improve the customer satisfaction index.
• To assist in the preparation of production/operations budgets and control cost within same and manage plant level operating cost within budget and rolling forecast to ensure we do not exceed the agreed expenditure and keep operating cost to the minimum.
• To produce report on all areas as required to guide management for efficient operations.
• To conduct stock management audits and variance reports to ensure compliance and efficient business processes
• To manage Bulk Plants, MMU’s LDV’s and Magazines, Emulsion storage facilities and ANE & ANPP Stores in the Business to ensure compliance and availability for optimum production
• To perform any other duties as the exigencies of the job require to ensure efficient and continuous business operation.
• Continuous professional development
• People management and development
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a university degree in Engineering, Physical Science or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years experience in mining and sales management with at least 3 years at middle-management level
• Professional/statutory qualification in explosives engineering and as explosives manager
• In depth working knowledge and demonstration of financial and strategic management skills/concept
• Minimum of 5-7 years of proven relevant production, quality management or SHE management experience in a relevant industry
• In depth knowledge of the Minerals and Mining Regulations ( Explosives- L.I.2177 and Health Safety and Technical- L.I.2182) of Ghana
• A business qualification (Diploma) is highly desirable to demonstrate business acumen
• Good customer relationship at all levels of management
• Certification from the Ghana Institution of Engineers will be desirable
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Good problem solving skills
• Good communication skills(written and oral)
• Work independently with no or minimal supervision
• Quality orientation
• Interpersonal skills
How To Apply For The Job Forward Applications to: Email:Ghana.Recruitment@aeciworld.comClosing Date: 24 April, 2020AEL is committed to enabling individuals, previously disadvantaged by discriminatory practices to gain full and equal access to opportunities appropriate to their competency and potential