The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana. PPAG is a Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It is governed by respectable volunteers who are the members of the Association. The Governing body, formulate policies which are implemented by staff.
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG), an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and a leading provider of Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) education and services, hereby invites result-oriented and committed persons to apply for the following vacant position to be filled in the Association.
- POSITION: LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
- REPORT TO: FACILITY HEAD
- LOCATION: ACCRA CLINIC
Job Role and Functions
To provide effective and quality service to clients
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective and efficient provision of laboratory services
- Ensure that clients and providers rights are adhered to
- Take samples of clients, conduct the laboratory test and provide the result to the Physician Assistant or Officer-in Charge for efficient service delivery
- Keep proper inventory of laboratory equipment
- Keep the laboratory room clean and tidy
- Assist in monitoring and supervising clinic activities
- Assist in ensuring that clinical standards are adhered to
- Prepares Annual Work plan and Performance Appraisal
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Required Skills or Experience
- HND/Diploma in Laboratory Technician or any other higher related field
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience, 2 years of which must be in a similar position.
Other Qualities And Requirements
- Very good interpersonal relationship and communication skills
- Must be honest, transparent and reliable
- Must be friendly and accommodative
- High sense of responsibility, humor, and reliable to take initiatives
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to work for long hours and under pressure
- Must be able to work with little supervision
- A good working knowledge in the use of the computer
Method of ApplicationAll interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), including two referees and cell phone numbers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted applicants will be shortlisted for an interview.
- Closing Date: 30th June, 2020.
NB: Any PPAG Volunteer who is interested in the position above must attach evidence of resignation to the application.