- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ghana
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are a HRIS guru and Employee Relations professional ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head of Operations and Business Partnering, the Lead, Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) & Employee Relations will ensure accurate and up-to-date system documentation and policy interpretation for all staff across the Foundation. The Lead, HRIS & Employee Relations will execute management of HR Records using employment best practices, HR ethics and professional standards whilst applying Foundation values, policies and procedures. In this role, you will lead employee relation management in the areas of employee benefits, maintaining HR documents including the organization structures, job profiles, employee records, among others. Your role will maintain strict confidentiality and privacy rules that apply to employee records, company data and individual data.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- HR reporting and analysis for different HR metrics. Ability to interpret HR metrics and prepare reports to analyze HR issues including new hire reports, employee turnover rate, the cost per hire and budgets in liaison with Total Rewards.
- Maintain HRIS data and employee files, ensuring that data is accurate.
- Maintain, file and process HR forms including notices, announcements, new hire forms and salary forms.
- Assist Hiring Managers in creating and/or updating standard job descriptions in order to match any changes in job requirements.
- Format and maintain Foundation-wide organization charts.
- Ensure the Foundation follows legal and industry regulations.
- Stay updated on new trends and answer or refer questions from employees as the first level of HR Operations support.
- In liaison with HR Analyst, track the Audit reports and advise on how to address the issues arising.
- Participate in the investigations of staff grievances and disciplinary issues including whistle blower protection.
- Ensure exit interviews reporting and assessments of the same are shared as per the HR policy guide.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a University Degree preferably in Human Resource Management or Business Administration or a related field and/or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a Human Resource function preferably includes experience in Employee Relations and managing HRIS.
- Technical skills using diverse HRIS and reporting tools is required.
- You are conscientious and methodical, with impeccable attention to detail.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to translate data into meaningful information.
- You can effectively co-create with a variety of stakeholders, as well as work effectively in a team-based environment.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and ability to adapt to changing priorities within a fast-paced and results-driven work environment.
- French language and/or local language skills are an asset.
- Has worked in and feels comfortable with international, virtual, multi-cultural, multi-disciplined, and high-performance working teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word and Excel), SharePoint & Yammer.
- You are flexible, adaptable and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- You possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- You possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 27 May, 2020