- Company: Lancaster University Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education Jobs in Ghana
Transnational Academic Group Ghana (TAG Ghana) in partnership with Lancaster University operates Lancaster University Ghana.
About Lancaster University Ghana and Transnational Academic GroupLancaster University Ghana is a partnership between Transnational Academic Group and Lancaster University, UK. We provide excellent and inspiring teaching and places great emphasis on a strong student experience, employability and gives students access to academics who are experts in their field. Lancaster University Ghana’s Law degree mirrors that of the degree offered in the UK and is approved and validated by the University of Lancaster. Students graduating from the programme are awarded a Lancaster University Degree Certificate.
Transnational Academic Group develops people who develop nations. Valuing and developing our people is essential to long term success. Our capacity to achieve our goals is dependent on our ability to attract, develop, nurture and retain high quality academic and professional staff. Transnational Academic Group (TAG) is owned and operated by a group that focuses on building value across three major business verticals including education, media, and information technology. The Group includes, among other interests, ABN 360, CNBC Africa, Forbes Africa, and Tech One Global.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated academic with a passion for excellence, for a full time Lectureship position at Lancaster University Ghana’s Law Department. The successful candidate should be able to teach across the following subject areas of Law:
Ghana Legal System and MethodsPublic International LawAlternative Dispute ResolutionCommercial LawConflicts of LawCriminal LawCompany LawAfrican Union LawIntellectual Property LawLaw of Natural ResourcesGender and LawCyber Crime LawInternational Human Rights LawEquity and SuccessionLaw of TortsContract LawLaw of Natural ResourcesJurisprudenceLand LawConstitutional LawTaxationEnvironmental Law
Duties and ResponsibilitiesIncludes, but is not restricted to:
- Contribute to the teaching commitments of the Department by carrying out:
- Teaching, examining, and administrative duties at the Law Department and as required;
- Contribute to the curriculum development and the design of individual courses offered by the Department;
- Supervision of project dissertations undertaken by students;
- To engage in research and scholarly activity in Law and associated areas;
- To contribute regularly to Departmental seminars, discussion groups and collaborative research groups;
- To contribute to the Department’s academic and pastoral care of its students and to the enhancement of their learning, personal development and achievement;
- To participate fully in Department Committees and running of the department;
- To contribute as appropriate to programme management and related activities;
- To develop and maintain links with relevant professional bodies and academic groupings;
- To support the marketing activities of the Department as appropriate, including Law Week, Law Colloquium; Open Days, etc.;
- To contribute to the development of the interface with external organisations;
- Provide cover for colleagues on leave where necessary;
- Undertake other duties as required.
Required Skills or Experience
Required Academic Qualifications and CompetenciesEssential/Desirable*
CV/ Supporting Statement/Interview/PresentationA PhD in Law or near completion with references to support a statement that this is the case would suffice.EssentialCV/ReferencesHave expert knowledge, teaching and applied research interests in subject areas of Law as indicated above.EssentialCV/Supporting Statement/ InterviewExperience of teaching the various subject areas of law as indicated in Higher EducationEssentialCV/Supporting Statement/InterviewExperience of module design, curriculum development and quality assurance, using pedagogical research to develop the learning experienceEssentialCV/ Supporting Statement/InterviewExperience or good understanding of the issues involved in transnational education Desirable Interview/ Supporting Statement/ Presentation An emerging record of research experience in Law, as evidenced by a record of publications comparative to the position and career history DesirableCV/ Interview A high degree of motivation within the discipline and a strong desire to work towards embedding a research culture EssentialCV/ Supporting Statement/Interview Experience of working co-operatively and flexibly with colleagues including undertaking appropriate administrative responsibilities Essential Interview/Supporting StatementEvidence of the ability to take an effective leadership roleDesirable Interview/ Supporting Statement
Method of Application Applicants are required to indicate as part of their application the subject areas of law they are capable of teaching, and submit curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com, with subject line: ‘Lecturer – Law’ demonstrating how they meet the criteria.
Closing date: 15th May 2020.
Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview