- Company: Lancaster University Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education Jobs in Ghana
Transnational Academic Group Ghana (TAG Ghana) in partnership with Lancaster University operates Lancaster University Ghana.
About Lancaster University Ghana and Transnational Academic Group
Lancaster University Ghana is a partnership between Transnational Academic Group and Lancaster University, UK. Our campus is a branch campus of Lancaster University, UK. We provide excellent and inspiring teaching and places great emphasis on a strong student experience, employability and gives students access to academics who are experts in their field. Lancaster University Ghana offers the exact same degree to the degrees offered at our Lancaster University main campus in the UK. This means that you will be awarded the same qualifications – as if you were studying at the main campus.
Transnational Academic Group develops people who develop nations.
Valuing and developing our people is essential to long term success. Our capacity to achieve our goals is dependent on our ability to attract, develop, nurture and retain high quality academic and professional staff. Transnational Academic Group (TAG) is owned and operated by a group that focuses on building value across three major business verticals including education, media, and information technology. The Group includes, among other interests, ABN 360, CNBC Africa, Forbes Africa, and Tech One Global.
We are now seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated academic(s) with passion for excellence, to full time Lectureship positions in the following areas;
- Accounting & Finance
- Computer Science(particular expertise in software design, database, Human Computer Interaction would be advantageous)
- Strategic Management & Marketing
- Law (particular expertise in Environmental law, Law of Natural Resources would be advantageous)
Successful candidate(s) will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- To contribute to the teaching commitments of the Department by carrying out:
- Teaching, examining, and administrative duties on undergraduate and masters programmes, within the Department and as required;
- Contribute to the curriculum development and the design of individual courses offered by the Department;
- Supervision of project dissertations undertaken by students;
- To contribute regularly to Departmental seminars, discussion groups and collaborative research groups;
- To contribute to the Department’s academic and pastoral care of its students and to the enhancement of their learning, personal development and achievement;
- To participate fully in Department Committees and running of the department;
- To contribute as appropriate to programme management and related activities;
- To develop and maintain links with relevant professional bodies and academic groupings;
- To support the marketing activities of the Department as appropriate, such as ( Business week, Law Colloquium, Hackathon)
- To contribute to the development of the interface with external organisations;
- Provide cover for colleagues on leave where necessary;
- Undertake other duties as required.
Required Skills or Experience
Method of Application
Applicants are required to indicate as part of their application the subject areas they are capable of teaching, and submit curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: ‘Lecturer – Undergraduate Program’ demonstrating how they meet the criteria.
- Closing date: 10th June 2020.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.