- Company: Judicial Service of Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education Jobs in Ghana
The Judicial Service of Ghana is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates as Librarian
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following duties;
- search standard featured materials including online sources and internet in order to answer patrons reference questions.
- Analyse patrons request to determine needed information and assist in furnishing or locating that information.
- Explain the use of library facilities, resources, equipment, and services and provide information about library policies.
- review and evaluate resource materials, Such as book reviews and catalogues, in order to select and order print, audio-visual and electronic resources.
- Code, classify and catalogue books, publication, films, audio-visual aids and other library materials based on the subject matter of standard library classification system.
- Develop library policies and procedures.
- Evaluate materials to determine outdated or unused items to be discarded.
- Develop information access aid such as index and annotated, biography, web pages and electronic Pathfinders.
- Compile list of overdue materials and notify borrowers that their materials are overdue.
- Develop and index database that provides information for library users.
- Conduct legal research for patrons of the library.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- master’s degree in library and achiever studies from a recognised accredited institution.
- computer literacy in Microsoft Office application and use of the internet.
- Good communication and writing skills in English language.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- High-level integrity.
NOTE: Candidates must indicate tier region of choice. Candidates must show evidence of completion of National Service.
Method of Application
Applications should be directed to the address below:
THE JUDICIAL SECRETARY,
JUDICIAL SERVICES HEADQUARTERS
P. O. BOX 119, ACCRA
The deadline for submission of applications is two (2) weeks from the date of the publication of this advert.
THAT IS 11TH MAY 2020