- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Mechanical Superintendent – Surface Mine Infrastructure.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Mechanical Superintendent – Surface Mine Infrastructure is accountable for the development and implementation of mechanical aspects of Surface Mine Infrastructure maintenance through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and
minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
- Technical input to the Maintenance Lead – Surface Mine Infrastructure for inclusion to the Safety Manager, Refurbishment Manager, Planning Manager, Technical Services Manager and Construction Manager in order to develop the safety management plan for the construction and refurbishment works, consistent with AGA’s Integrated Management System and Standards.
- Application review of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction and infrastructure workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Application of HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Safety behaviour demonstration consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Continuous improvement of design and field safety performance.
- Inspections, audits, JHA, etc. of the Safety Management System delivering compliance
- Timely investigation of all injuries, illness, and incidents with actions plans developed to prevent recurrences
- Identification of safety training needs, delivery of safety training requirements to enable personnel to safely perform their designated work
- Reduced energy usage by running the mine energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within sphere of influence
- Ensure the organisation structure is capable of delivering the mechanical maintenance strategy
- Communicate policies and procedures in a manner so as to achieve full understanding and compliance
- Provide guidance to subordinates in leadership techniques to achieve maximum performance
- Develop skill matrix that includes all disciplines and individual achievements
- Report processes for managing mechanical installation refurbishment contractor and the AGAG maintenance workforce to deliver works that meet cost, schedule and quality expectations consistent with the scope and quality contained in the Feasibility Study within area of accountability.
- Proactively control the refurbishment process to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns.
- Control mechanical refurbishment priorities within a dynamic environment, whilst maintaining safety, budget, schedule and quality targets.
- Communicate accurate and timely construction schedule delivery, progress, cost and quality information in the area of accountability
- Develop and implement systems for the Mechanical department to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Organise the maintenance of the mechanical items of the surface infrastructure during the Phase1 & 2 Operations and beyond
- Monitor and ensure the work carried out by the surface mine infrastructure mechanical maintenance team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost
- Identify sub-standard work practices, identify root cause and eliminate by corrective action.
- Task subordinates in line with achieving the agreed production plan
- Create a team of engineers to specify, design, analyze and verify new components and systems.
- Implement corporate programs, e.g. asset management strategies, System for People, Operational Effectiveness, etc across areas of control.
Verify that the mechanical aspects of Surface Mine Infrastructure remain within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones.
Develop the plan to ensure mechanical equipment maintenance/replacement is developed in line with the Obuasi Operations expected life of mine.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- An experienced mechanical maintenance engineer with 7+ years’ experience in, preferably Mine Infrastructure maintenance
- Experience with Maintenance/Operating Machinery and Fixed Plants
- Proven Competency in the maintenance and project management of surface mine infrastructure
- Knowledge of SAP PM Module
- Must possess Engineering Superintendent’s Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body
- Strong mechanical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work different kinds of people
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 28TH MAY, 2020.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 28 May, 2020