- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Obuasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Mine Captain – Construction & Shafts.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To Develop safe strategies and procedures to carry out all maintenance and constructional jobs at underground sections of the mine and offer procedures on specified conditions on all tasks to provide effective means of men and material transportation and skipping operations within the Shaft.
- Ensure that all constructional works are carried out in a safe and conducive atmosphere.
- Ensure that infrastructural dismantling works are conducted with all stakeholders input for safe and speedy processes.
- Ensure that bulkhead construction and fan walls are constructed in accordance with standards.
- Design a format for monitoring all constructional and maintenance activities that highlights targets, variations and reasons for shortfall.
- Develop safe mining strategies, and procedures to offer specify conditions on all tasks for safe skipping operations, transportation of men and materials with the shaft and its environs and all stipulated schedules for men and material movement.
- Develop and implement a shaft monitoring system.
- Ensure that all shaft banks, surface and yards are properly house kept.
- Design a format for monitoring all shaft activities that highlights report, record and acting appropriately in accordance with the mining regulations in terms of emergencies and critical situations.
- Implement strategies of reducing cost by offering a prudent material usage by mobbing material leftovers for reuse.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma / B.Sc. degree in Mining Engineering
- 10 years post-graduation experience in underground infrastructural installation and construction, shaft management, Tramming and skipping operations
- Mine Captain’s Certificate of Competency or equivalent, as required by the Minerals Commission (Chief Inspector of Mines)
- Safety (Basic Application)
- Understands key elements constituting site safety system.
- Can lead team-based risk assessments and conduct behavioural based observations.
- Active participant in ensuring critical controls are in place and working.
- Can actively take part in reviewing of safety system elements such as practices / procedures
- Mining construction works processes & practices
- Understands mining Construction works processes and actively contributes in part to delivery of the expected outcome / service the mining processes delivery.
- Has demonstrated the ability to apply technical skills and/or delivery of a service within Construction works
- Can identify potential problems and propose solutions for higher approval.
- Directly responsible for delivering a production aspect of the Construction works plan.
- Understands good Construction works practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance
- Contract management (basic application)
- Understands the contract, the key deliverables, and the processes that are aligned to managing it successfully.
- Capable of having a direct role in managing an element of the contract management process.
- Can propose, draft, and analyse potential contract variations and amendments for approval by the contract manager
- Project Management (basic application)
- Understands AGA project management standards and has applied them in a minor project
- Ability to lead a minor project and interact with test work and engineering consultant service providers
- Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximising performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analysing issues, driving for results
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 7TH MAY, 2020.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 24th June, 2020