- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Sunyani
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To conduct electrical maintenance, deployment, troubleshooting, replacement, repair, and testing of electrical equipment and systems on drills, shovels and support equipment, according to electrical codes, OEM specifications and safety standards to ensure equipment availability and optimal mining operations and production.
- Perform routine maintenance on all electrical equipment and ensure effective functioning, including but not limited to maintenance of drills, shovel and support equipment.
- Perform installations, maintenance and repair activities, in accordance with OEM specifications.
- Check that daily and rotational quality targets are achieved, including First Stop After PM (FSAPM), Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Mean Time To Repairs (MTTR).
- Check all malfunctioned electrical systems and conduct root cause analysis in order to diagnose whether to repair or replace.
- Analyze specified problems and issues to find the best technical solutions within OEM specifications and in accordance with local codes.
- Produce daily reports indicating the jobs for the day and submit the report to the Supervisor.
- Deliver own prescribed outcomes and / or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies and protocols.
- Inspect the equipment to check and identify any mechanical and basic electrical risks.
- Attend daily pre start meetings.
- Perform other related activities, as assigned by the Maintenance Shift Supervisor.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Electrical Engineering Technician certificate.
- Electrical Trade training, apprenticeship.
- MINCOM certified as Inspection Engineer as an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of maintaining Drills. Shovels and support equipment.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Knowledge of CMMS/ERP
Minimum of 3 years’ electrical maintenance experience in a mining equipment maintenance, preferably repairing and maintaining drills, shovels and support equipment.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 7 July, 2020