- Company: SNV Netherlands Development
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
SNV Netherlands Development is a not-for-profit international development organization that has built a long-term local presence in 38 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin-America. SNV Ghana implements projects to improve individual lives and contributes to solving global challenges in the areas of Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. SNV’s implementation approach focuses on developing innovative solutions to alleviate poverty through sustainable and locally-led development.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992.
Among SNV Ghana’s Agriculture Projects is the HortiFresh programme. This is a 4-year sector programme (2018-2021) funded by the Dutch Embassy in Accra. The aim of the programme is “A sustainable and internationally competitive vegetable and fruit sector that contributes to inclusive economic growth, food and nutrition security”. The programme will contribute to three major areas that have been identified and that are in line with Ghana’s development policy: a competitive and innovative high-value fruit and vegetable sector; an inclusive and sustainable fruit and vegetable sector and a conducive business climate that facilitates the development of the fruit and vegetable sector.
The project’s structure combines an overall private sector-led sector development approach, through the establishment of a Business Platform, as well as strong business-led initiatives through Innovation Funds, Agronomic Services Fund and commercial loans. The West Africa HortiFresh is being implemented by a consortium of Wageningen UR (CDI www.wur.eu/cdi), SNV (www.snv.org), Advance Consulting, SENSE and Resilience.
The programme is currently seeking applicants for a full-time position for Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor.
The position is based in Accra, Ghana
Generally, is responsible for monitoring the HortiFresh activities and coordinate Monitoring & Evaluation Activities within the project. Ensure project visibility in line with SNV and donor standards.
- Lead in implementing monitoring and evaluation for learning and accountability on the HortiFresh project.
- Monitor progress of implementation of project activities.
- Regularly collect data with partners and grantees and manage the collected data in the M&E data management tool.
- Prepare indicator reports comparing actual achievement to program targets and report progress in line with IATI requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of annual workplans & reports.
- Work with the team to develop guidelines and survey instruments in line with the PMEP (MTR, End line).
- Lead in maintaining the mobile data collection tool, support staff in its use and manage the collected data in the system.
- Assure quality of baseline data (where applicable) and incorporate appropriately into the program monitoring system.
- Provide technical and advisory support to partners and grantees to continuously strengthen monitoring and evaluation for continuous improvement.
- Verify quality of monitoring data from partners. If still required carry out due diligence on proposed projects.
- Participate in and support the program documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and best practices.
- Work closely with communications to collect change stories for monitoring purposes, distill learning and identify results and change stories that should be highlighted in public materials.
The candidate should:
- Have a Master’s Degree in International Development, Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field
- Have a minimum of 5 years professional experience in Monitoring & Evaluation in the international development sector; experience in large multi-country projects preferred
- Have experience in the horticulture or related sector
- Have experience in data analysis in the development sector
- Be a team player, be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Have strong analytical and critical thinking skills for problem solving
- Have strong communication and negotiation skills
- Have good report writing skills
- Ability to speak French is an advantage
- Excellent skills Microsoft office Word and Excel
Method of Application
Closing Date : 26 May, 2020