Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Platform Team Leader, Ghana
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Platform Team Leader for a potential program that will lend blended capital to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and financial institutions through an investment platform in selected countries in Sub-Saharan Africa. The platform will combine business acceleration services and investment capital with a particular focus on women-owned businesses, to scale MSMEs in the agriculture sector.
The Platform Team Leader is responsible for providing vision and overall leadership of the investment platform, ensuring efficiencies and collaboration among projects in up to three countries in sub-Saharan Africa. The Platform Team Leader will lead engagement efforts to attract multinational companies, investors, financial institutions and private sector actors to the platform. This position is based in Accra, Ghana, with significant travel to Burkina Faso and/or Zambia.
- Ensure the establishment and management of a transparent, effective and efficient investment platform, including the management of country technical teams, financial institutions, business acceleration providers, impact investors and other stakeholders
- Spearhead strategy design and development to ensure synergistic acceleration and investment activities to accomplish program objectives
- Lead fundraising to attract new investment to the Platform
- Oversee growth of investment pipeline in each country
- Provide technical leadership to the teams and stakeholders on fund management and performance monitoring
- Identify issues and risks related to fund implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments
- Directly liaise with the donor for updates, addressing issues and responding to program-related questions and requests
- Engage, coordinate, and collaborate with donors and implementing partners active in the ecosystem
- Oversee multiple country offices in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Master’s degree in finance, business, marketing, economics or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ leadership experience in setting up, managing, and facilitating investments
- Experience in venture capital, private equity or impact investing; experience on donor-funded programs is a plus
- Experience providing advisory, mentoring and capacity building services
- Demonstrated leader, highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and strong teamwork mentality
- Committed to innovation and creative thinking
- A positive attitude and willingness to adaptively manage projects and partners in complex environments with diverse cultures
- Proven experience in identifying, evaluating, and closing transactions and managing multiple investments
- Excited and willing to live in Accra, Ghana, with extensive travel to other countries where platform is active
- Relevant work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa is a plus
- Agribusiness experience is a plus
- Fluent spoken, written, and reading abilities in English required; French preferred.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 16 July, 2020