Principal Software Engineer – Front End
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 6 – 12 years
- Location Accra
- Job Field ICT / Computer
All Andela engineers go above and beyond. To find out more about additional suggested competencies, check out our engineer framework.
- A minimum of 6-12 years of professional experience, during which they’ve built deep technical expertise and demonstrated technical leadership.
- Deep knowledge of at least one front-end framework — React, Angular, Vue
- Working knowledge of at least one CSS framework — Bootstrap, Materialize CSS, Semantic UI
- Leadership skills with a high amount of emotional intelligence. You’ve led teams, initiatives, and a range of technical working sessions
- Demonstrated experience of having taken large-scale initiatives from conception through to production, while continuing to support, optimize, and iterate
- Extensive experience with architecture and design principles, building to consider maintainability, performance, security requirements, and impact.
- Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Strong preference for test-driven-development (TDD) and understanding of its importance
- Deep knowledge of unit and integration testing and testing frameworks/libraries (Ex: Jest, Jasmine, Mocha)
- Confident working with tools and editors– (ex: Grunt, Sublime, Atom, JSLint)
- Measured experience with unit, integration, e2e and UI testing, with at least one relevant testing framework
- Expert leveraging software-development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, (such as agile) to drive positive personal/team outcomes to increase velocity and on-time delivery
- Experience having developed performance budgets, a deep knowledge of at least one analytics system, and understanding of how to optimize to deliver against key business metrics
- Experience using ESLint and module builders
- Practiced at learning by sharing knowledge via means such as mentorship, engagement within a technical community, contributions to open source, etc.
- Familiarity with containerization infrastructure and orchestration
What You’ll Get*
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Andela on www.linkedin.com to apply