- Company: SNV Netherlands Development
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics / Transportation Jobs in Ghana
SNV Netherlands Development is a not-for-profit international development organization that has built a long-term local presence in 38 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin-America. SNV Ghana implements projects to improve individual lives and contributes to solving global challenges in the areas of Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. SNV’s implementation approach focuses on developing innovative solutions to alleviate poverty through sustainable and locally-led development.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV has been present in Ghana since 1992.
The Country programme is currently seeking applicants for a full-time position for Procurement and Administrative Officer
The position is based in Accra, Ghana
Overview of the Position
Procurement and Administrative Officer will be responsible for leading the SNV Ghana procurement process, perform tasks depending on a specific situations. She/he will support various activities in the Accra Office on Procurement and administrations matters. Procurement and Administrative Officer should know and understand the core activities and strategies of the organization and manages confidential information with discretion.
The Procurement and Administrative Officer is expected to undertake:
I. Procurement of Services (Consultant and Non-Consultancy Works)
- Manages Consultancy, non-Consultancy works, goods and services in line with SNV and donor policies and procedures;
- Manage planning stage to the successful delivery of works, goods and services
- Ensure timely completion of procurement processes in support of programme implementation in line with SNV and donor policy;
- Draft and issue all consultancy contracts; purchase orders, MoUs, sub agreements and sub contracts; maintain accurate and complete procurement files, in line with SNV and donor policies.
- Prepare an assessment team for each assignment as per the EOI received in the selection of Service Provider/Consultant. Prepare an assessment report and inform the selected Service provider/Consultant.
- Receives all requests related to the purchase and price of goods, works, consultancy and non-consultancy services and handles all correspondence with consultants and vendors;
- Recommends appropriate procurement methods and develops bid documents;
- Leads a team to negotiate contracts with potential consultants;
- Coordinates the logistics for each consultancy agreement, purchase order and services including follow-up and tracking of all ongoing procurement actions;
- Create an annual Procurement Plan for each of the projects with the project managers; office needs for non-consultancy works, goods and services in consultation with HR & Operations Manager;
- Maintains open lines of communication with other departments, business units and sub/project offices to facilitate and implement procurement requests;
- Provides guidance to staff on SNV’s Contracting and Procurement policy and procedures;
- Provides the various Requester with timely feedback during procurement planning to help meet their goals and objectives;
Manage Service Provision database
- Establish and maintain Consultancy and Non-Consultancy services database of all Service Providers and potential providers;
- Organise teams to carry out market research on potential consultants, vendors and prices of works, services and goods;
- Compiles and checks data on market availability, lead times and costs.
II. Records Management
- Maintains clear and complete procurement files for each procurement activity, in line with SNV’s record;
- Manage relevant documents on procurement both hard copy and on line, such as record filing systems, shared folders and share point for documentation management, all procurement documents at country and project offices.
III. Maintenance of Client Relationships.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all the vendors and suppliers.
- A degree in Business administration; Commerce, or a related field;
- At least three years in a procurement officer or related position;
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems;
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions;
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently;
- Accurate and precise attention to detail;
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels;
- Goal-oriented, organized team player;
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
Method of Application
Closing Date : 12 June, 2020