- Company: Food and Agriculture Organization
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
The post is located in the Regional Office for RAF is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities.
RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The Programme Associate plays a lead role in the coordination of programme/ projects support services for the department. He/ she performs a broad range of programme, planning and budgeting activities requiring in-depth analysis and interpretation of relevant policies, procedures and practices. The incumbent provides procedural guidance to managers and staff in the department or location.
The Programme Associate reports to the Senior Field Programme Officer and works in collaboration with the Programme Officers of the Regional Project Operations Support Unit. Work is performed autonomously, showing a high degree of initiative and independent judgment. Supervision received is focused on facilitating service delivery. The incumbent provides guidance and training to programme support staff in the department.
The Programme Associate maintains a wide range of contacts with managers, staff and stakeholders inside and outside the department. The incumbent collaborates closely with colleagues in other departments and the corporate services, ensuring the quality and consistency of programme/ projects support services.
- Coordinate the preparation, submission, revision and follow-up of the Departmental Programme of Work and Budget, and the monitoring and provision of information on the implementation of the PWB;
- Coordinate, review and analyze the Departmental Periodic Budgetary Reports for final submission to the Office of Strategic Planning;
- Assemble and synthesize data from corporate and Departmental data bases to facilitate the analysis of programmes, projects or activities, and to draft periodic or ad hoc management reports;
- Monitor Departmental projects and ensure the maintenance and retrieval of programming reference material, documentation, data and information;
- Consolidate and monitor various reports on Departmental human resources planning and expenditures, the use of non-staff resources, the departmental communication and publishing plans, IT plans, and travel schedules;
- Screen incoming correspondence to identify issues requiring further attention and draft related correspondence;
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing across the department through training of staff and briefing of budget holders on administrative/budgetary/planning/programming/financial procedures and processes;
- Review current processes and make recommendations to improve programme/projects administration procedures;
- Perform other functions as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts directly on the smooth and efficient operations of the programme/ project activities of the department. He/she plays a lead role in the coordination and provision of the programme support services for the successful achievement of the Department/Office’s mandate.
He/ she plays a pro-active role in the successful achievement of the department’s mandate..CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative/ financial/ planning/ programming/ budgeting activities for both Regular Programme and Projects
Languages: Working knowledge (Level C) of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge (Level B) of one of the other official languages of the Organization
IT Skills: Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Thorough knowledge of corporate information systems
- Thorough knowledge of programme and budget processes and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of common administrative and financial rules and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of communication and documentation standards
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- Knowledge of the Field Programme Management Information System (FPMIS);
- Project management skills;
- Excellent communications skill, both orally and in writing, on technical materials for audiences at different levels of technical expertise
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based interview.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 3 July, 2020