- Company: The Sparkassenstiftung für internationale Kooperation e.V
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
The Sparkassenstiftung für internationale Kooperation e.V. is the development-policy arm of the German Sparkassen-Finanzgruppe. Its task is to disseminate the successful Sparkasse model across regional borders and around the globe. By enabling people in developing countries and emerging economies to access financial services, it aims to create opportunities that will allow them to leave poverty behind.
The project aims to improve MSMEs’ access to financial services, through support to improve the supply of needs-based financial and insurance services, as well as accompanying measures to develop the capacity of MSMEs to access and benefit from these services. It also supports the implementation of the Ghanaian National Financial Inclusion and Development Strategy (NFIDS), published in 2019.
Purpose of Role
To manage the project and serve as technical assistance in strengthening MSMEs’ abilities to access and benefit from financial services, digital finance and insurance. Support the team leader in the overall delivery of the advisory package of the contractor.
Scope of Work
The scope of Project Officer tasks includes, among others.
- Contribute to the implementation of the project’s operational work plan as agreed with the partners.
- Manage the technical assistance team to strengthen MSMEs’ abilities.
- Support the team leader in the overall delivery of the advisory package of the contractor.
- Closely liaise and work jointly with partners locally and abroad to coordinator program rollout.
Constantly review and monitor project intervention strategies to ensure informed decisions on required adjustments and modifications that can be made by the stakeholders in charge in a timely manner
Applicants for this position should possess the following qualification, professional experiences and soft skills:
- University qualification (Master or equivalent) in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or another relevant subject.
- Profound knowledge and in-depth understanding of Ghana’s financial industry, current trends and challenges the industry is facing, key institutional stakeholders etc.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in implementing activities to strengthen of MSMEs, including work with trade associations.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in supporting MSMEs to improve their access to and use of financial services
- Minimum 3 years of experience in development cooperation projects is a must.
- A sound understanding of project management principles.
- Good business language skills in English and Ghanaian local languages, German would be an asset.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Confident user of the MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Competitive salary, statutory tax payments and health insurance.
- Diversified work environment in an international development cooperation.
Method of Application
Kindly send your application letter, CV and certificates to email@example.com
Closing Date : 08.04.2020.
For more information see: www.sparkassenstiftung.de