AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Pump Mechanical Technician.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Pump Mechanical Technician is accountable for the execution of maintenance work orders on the Dewatering pumps after refurbishment in the transition to operations, through the application of operational policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Gather information for the Dewatering Supervisor for reporting performance
- Conduct periodic audits of all Dewatering equipment/pumps in Underground infrastructure
- Observe and identify actions for continuous improvement
- Organize information for the Dewatering Supervisor – Underground to allow development of condition monitoring routes and checks for infrastructure equipment;
- Receive work orders from and report back in a timely manner for closure of work orders in the SAP asset maintenance management
- Execute maintenance work to required tasked quality, according to standards, timeliness and AGAG compliance.
- As tasked, execute machine checks on a routine scheduled basis. This include visual checks, vibration data collection, infrared data collection, ultrasonic data collection, motor current and flux data collection, simple NDT data collection;
- Monitor and report predictive maintenance data (vibration, IR, etc.) to determine plant condition and report this condition for action;
- Escalate information and observations to allow generation of work requests in SAP as required for maintenance planning and scheduling
- After completion of work, provide information for correct close out of the work orders
- Execute routine condition monitoring tasks on all the rotating equipment for data collection according to the established schedules and as plant requirements.
- Identify, communicate, and escalate potential cost reduction initiatives to the Supervisor
- Propose cost savings projects
- Execute work in a timely manner; escalate real or potential delays to Supervisor
- Provide information as short interval controls to permit logging of monitored equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to register and escalate symptoms of potential failure
- Report directly to the Supervisor on issues and identify and execute improvement projects
- Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used and report to the Supervisor
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Mechanical apprenticeship or equivalent with certificate from recognized institution (e.g. City and Guilds or National Vocational qualification)
- An experienced pump maintenance mechanic with over 5 years’ experience in, preferably, underground environment
- Fully literate and numerate
- Strong pump maintenance competencies in underground mining environment
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: