- Company: AMI Expeditionary Healthcare
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana
AMI provides medical services to international aid organizations, humanitarian concerns, the private sector and government agencies in a wide range of remote and challenging environments. We have a large presence in North, East and West Africa as well as the Middle East.
The services we provide range from primary and emergency care, aeromedical evacuation and crisis response to medical supply chain management, procurement, and hospital staffing and management. We have a well-compensated opportunity for Respiratory Therapists interested in delivering care in a region of pressing need and boundless opportunity. AMI covers visa costs, flights, and accommodation.
- Monitor patient physiological responses to therapy such as arterial blood gases, vital signs or blood chemistry, and lung function changes, and consulting with physicians if there are adverse reactions.
- Set up and operate devices including therapeutic gas administration apparatus, mechanical ventilators, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
- Provide emergency care, such as external cardiac massage, artificial respiration, or assistance with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Inspect, test, clean, and maintain respiratory therapy equipment to ensure it is functioning safely and efficiently.
- Maintain charts that contain patient identification and therapy information.
- Measure arterial blood gases, reading prescriptions, lung capacity, and reviewing other information to assess patient condition.
- Relay blood analysis results to a physician.
- Make emergency visits to resolve equipment problems when necessary.
- Order equipment repairs when necessary.
- Explain health care treatment procedures to patients to gain cooperation.
- Check pulmonary function in patients.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Respiratory Therapist.
- Current unrestricted registration as a Registered Nurse within home country.
- Current Respiratory Care Practitioner license to practice.
- Completion of an accredited respiratory therapy program or technical college course for respiratory therapy.
- Current unrestricted registration as a Respiratory Therapist within home country.
- Current Advanced Life Support (ACLS), Basic Life Support (BLS) accredited through the AHA or equivalent and PHTLS/ITLS.
- Full, detailed and most updated resume/CV.
- Valid passport.
- Must be able to speak and understand English Language.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 11 July, 2020