- Company: Leeluv Beads
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana
Applications are invited from qualified applicants for appointment as safety site coordinators at the Malaria Research Centre, Agogo
Safety Site Coordinator
- Join a collaborative and inclusive team of academic and research experts to evaluate the pilot implementation of the new malaria vaccine (RTS,S)
- An opportunity for a self-driven nurse to enhance their career, develop strong data management skills, and participate in the sentinel hospital surveillance of the malaria vaccine pilot evaluation in Ghana, and work with national and international experts in malaria research
- Work with the hospital ward staff, and Laboratory staff of eight sentinel hospitals spread across five regions of Ghana (Bono, Ahafo, Central, Volta and Oti)
- Coordination of all the malaria vaccine safety surveillance activities at the sentinel site
- Review the medical history and laboratory reports of patients at the pediatric ward
- Recruitment of patients into the study
- Data collection and entry of study documents.
- Appropriate completion and authentication of study Case Report Forms (CRF’s).
- Appropriate filing of all study documentations.
- Timely response to all data queries with appropriate resolutions.
- Effective coordination with clinical team at the ward during admission, screening and enrollment of study participants.
- Strong cooperation with the study and W.H.O monitoring teams during periodic visits at study site.
- Write progress reports to study leadership and international partners
- Management of clinical study supplies and logistics with appropriate updates and documentations.
- Encourage and monitoring study clinicians to collect CSF sample (lumbar puncture
- Coordination of sample transport from ward to the laboratory for processing and temporary storage.
- Assist in laboratory services, specimen collection, sample labeling and storage at the required temperature as well as laboratory documentations.
To be considered for this position, you will have the following:
- Health related degree (Preferably Nursing) with a valid professional license (NMC) acquired between from 2018 to date.
- Additional qualification in Public Health will be advantageous
- Experience in conducting research is desirable
- Writing and reporting skills
- Ability and willingness to work in any of the sentinel hospitals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Remuneration will be according to Malaria Research Centre standards.
Eligible applicants should submit hard copies of the following documents to the address below:
- Cover letter
- Detailed Curriculum vitae (including the name and address of two referees)
- Copies of academic certificates
- A valid professional License
All documents should be merged in 1 file (according to the order above)
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their applications to the following address:
The safety Principal Investigator
Malaria Research Centre,
P. O. Box 27 Agogo,
Asante Akyem, Ghana
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
Tel: +233 501541875/+233208327796