- Company: African Development Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Africa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5’s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services. The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The Corporate Medical, Occupational Health and Safety Unit (CHMH) of the Bank enhances health promotion, prevention strategies and comprehensive interventions in an effort to protect, preserve and promote the health and well-being of all Staff members – healthy lifestyles for all.
Under the supervision of the Head, CHMH, the Administrative Assistant would be required to work closely and effectively with the CHMH team, to provide a wide range of administrative support and assistance in the implementation of the CHMH work program.
Duties and responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant would be required to work closely and effectively with the CHMH Team. Specific tasks would include, but are not limited to the following:
- Acts as focal point for administrative organization and follow up on matters relating to CHMH activities and ensure all correspondence is well managed.
- Maintain familiarity with contents of operational documents and reports, keeping abreast of Bank’s policies, procedures and work processes.
- Provide logistical support for meetings and other activities to coordinate activities related to work across all the sections of the unit.
- Take notes at meetings, write letters, and prepare minutes as requested.
- Assist in finalizing travel arrangements (booking tickets, accommodation, visa, preparing Travel Requests, Statement of Expenses).
- Maintain records for the CHMH Team (both paper and
- electronic in SAP) in accordance with Bank’s guidelines.
- Updating and maintaining various staff lists from time to time
- Provide logistical support (room booking, and communication requirements, catering requests, etc) for Staff Meetings, trainings, and other events.
- Provide general administrative support for the CHMH by liaising with CGHS in respect of office accommodation, allocation of office furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Request for repair and maintenance works and follow-up to ensure that such works have been satisfactorily carried out.
- Other tasks assigned by the Head, CHMH
1.A Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
2.A minimum of 6 years of relevant, practical experience in administrative work, preferably in Human Resources Management or Social Welfare environment.
3.Honesty and sensitivity to client’s needs.
4.Ability to communicate with clients.
5. Possess problem solving skill & Client Orientation
6.Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work, meet strict deadlines and work in team
7.Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment as a team player with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
8.Ability to be discrete and maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
9.Excellent writing skills;
10.Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
11.Competence with standard Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel Access, PowerPoint
12.Knowledge of SAP HR & FI (GL, Accounts payable and Receivable) is an advantage
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25 April, 2020