- Company: Vokacom Softworks
- Location: Ghana
- State: Dansoman
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT / Telecom Jobs in Ghana
The jobholder is responsible to the General Manager, IT and the clients to ensure that the IT infrastructure of the Group is managed efficiently to enable high performance, security and productivity
Directly Reports to: General Manager, IT
Key Relationships: IT Clients
Decision Level: Contributory, makes a major contribution to a decision or policy judgment reached by others
Expected Key Results Activities (Detailed KPIs)
- Provide IT services to the various companies in the group.
- In charge of business continuity and disaster recovery within the department as well as the recommendation and implementation of new investments within the technology infrastructure.
- Assume responsibility of oversight of the entire group IT network and system infrastructure ensuring proper configuration, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of security firewalls, sites/software, servers, data and file encryption, and internet connections.
- Play a mentorship role to System Administrators, promoting their professional growth.
- Play a strategic role in the IT of the Group where he/she coordinates the selection, implementation, and upgrade of the business’s software/applications and services.
- Lead the process and team members in the analysis, enhancement, and tailoring of current practices and existing systems in order to increase operating efficiencies as well as reduce and cut costs within the business.
- Ensure consistency and maintainability of existent infrastructure environments through the creation, maintenance, and enforcement of well documented standards and procedures for the implementation of technical solutions.
- Work closely with the General Manager, IT in gathering feedback and developing insights that will lead to the improvement of IT services.
- Keep track of licensing on all IT related items.
Communications & Reports
- To provide reports on all Vokacom IT systems and equipment to General Manager, IT
- To comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations not only of the company but also of those affected by the parent company
- Any other additional responsibility or task assigned
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of a first degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years relevant working experience in Systems Administration
- Excellent Knowledge in Database Management
- Must be an expert in Cloud Services such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
Necessary Skills and Competencies
- Must pay attention to detail
- Must be resourceful and have a high problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work with large variety of clients
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Must be able to handle criticism
- Must be able to work long hours and occasionally weekends
- Must be innovative
The core duties stated above describe the type and level of work assigned and is not necessarily all inclusive. Management reserves the right to assign and change responsibilities in order to meet business and organizational needs as and when necessary.
Method of Application
All interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for submission is 24th April, 2020