- Company: Blossom Academy
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Advertising / Media Jobs in Ghana
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-driven Social Media Intern with strong marketing skills who will thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for coordinating and executing the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. You are enthusiastic about data science and eager to empower others through educational marketing. You will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among stakeholders
Blossom Academy recruits and develops African data scientists, with the goal of connecting them with job opportunities.
Reporting directly to the Community Relations Lead.
- Streamline company social media accounts (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities
- Increase the number of followers we have on our platforms by following and engaging with stakeholders
- Monitoring and replying to Tweets from stakeholders
- Posting Tweets on a daily basis (both job- and industry-related); and using tools like TweetDeck to plan forward-looking Tweets over weekends and holidays
- Creating targeted advertising via Facebook, as permitted by the budget
- Track key social media analytics on a bi-weekly basis to inform marketing strategy
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Journalism, Communication, Marketing or English majors preferred
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy. Excellent verbal communications skills
- An interest in the role of data analytics/data science play in improving company performance
- An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of insight, hard work, and effectiveness in your personal approach to work – despite being remote
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn
- A proactive, service-focused attitude towards our stakeholders
Method of Application
Interested applicants must send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Blossom Academy is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.