IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The International Finance Corporation’s Sub-Saharan Africa Department is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and well-organized Team Assistant, who can effectively support officers/analysts working in the Ghana Sub-region including Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Niger, and Togo. The position will be based in Accra.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Provide full administrative and analytical support to assigned officers/analysts.
- Assist officers/analysts with meetings, presentations and events. Tasks could include obtaining briefs upfront from relevant parties, preparing meeting notes in advance, attending the meetings and preparing minutes.
- Maintain a good knowledge of work programs to ensure timely delivery of tasks. Track project timetables provide feedback and help with project team coordination. Perform integrity due diligence searches and prepare rereport. Conduct industry/sector research on project related areas. Participate in field work when required.
- Provide quality control by monitoring documents for accuracy, ensuring adherence to unit and World Bank Group guidelines and procedures, and assist in editing, formatting, and production of high-quality documents and correspondence.
- Coordinate calendars, schedules and travel arrangements.
- Liaise and build relationships with counterparts in key client offices to facilitate the scheduling of meetings. Clients include private sector companies and ministries and agencies of Government.
- Build and maintain relationships with counterparts within IFC and the World Bank Group for the benefit of the team.
- Perform assigned simple general administrative, budget and finance tasks to assist the smooth running of the Accra office.
- Solve non-routine problems and perform ad-hoc duties as required.
- University, polytechnic or equivalent degree/diploma preferred, with a minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, multi-tasking and time management skills. Proven ability to work promptly and efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Proactive, willing to go extra mile, ability to take ownership of tasks.
- Maturity and good judgment; absolute integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Good interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a range of internal and external contacts.
- Proven ability to work well in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment, and function effectively in groups.
- High degree of resourcefulness, ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability/willingness to work late/come in early occasionally, as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications such as Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Fluency in English essential; fluency in French would be an advantage.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 17 July, 2020