is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software engineers.Based in NYC, SF, Kigali, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi, Accra and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
Here are a few more specifics of what you would be doing on the job:
When service users have questions, they contact Support and we help them as quickly and awesomely as possible. Technical support handles a wide variety of inquiries including questions about Git workflows, API’s, and our desktop applications. Support also works closely with the engineering team to track down bugs and improve our documentation.The most important characteristic of our support team is that we love helping developers. We are a place for people to work better, together.
Our job is to help. Support treats users the way we’d want someone to treat our friends.Our support teammates have excellent writing chops: stellar grammar, charming written personality, and the ability to explain complicated things simply. We measure our success in swiftness, accuracy, and clarity.
What do I need to be successful?Minimum Qualifications
- Experience using GitHub
- Exposure to programming with a language like Ruby
- Basic experience using Git
- Understanding of how websites and web applications work
- Stellar English and grammar skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers but you know how to find and communicate the solution.
- A strong sense of empathy – you are attuned to hear the question behind a question.
- Customer service experience
- A unique writing style and voice
- Could effortlessly explain how Git works to a non-developer
- Have remote customer service experience
- Familiarity with Docker
- Understanding of CI / CD pipelines
- Experience troubleshooting using stack traces and log files
- Experience working from the command line
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- May vary slightly based on location
How To Apply
Interested applicants should: