- Company: Transport and General Holdings Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics / Transportation Jobs in Ghana
The Transport Officer is responsible for the effective management of all company vehicles and the transport department.
- Ensure that proper inventory of all components of vehicles are maintained and checked frequently.
- Adhere strictly to manufacturers maintenance regime of vehicles.
- Adhere to the time table of renewal of documents for all vehicles.
- Schedules vehicles and drivers for official assignments.
- Analyzes log books and fuel utilization of vehicles and produce relevant reports for management decision.
- Receives and handles transport requests from all departments.
- Manages drivers’ leave and makes alternative arrangements when the need be.
- Assists in the formulation and Review of transport policies.
- Adhere strictly to the Company Transport Policy.
- Travelling nationwide to perform duties when required.
- Performs any other duties related to transport management assigned by management.
Qualification Required & Experience
- HND Mechanical Engineering or Auto Engineering with minimum 2 years in supervisory position in a transport department, or On the Job Training with a minimum of 5 years working experience in supervisory position in a Transport department.
- Good knowledge of traffic rules and regulations
- Strong mechanical background, a plus.
- Excellent inventory management skills
- Ability to diagnose vehicular problems
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of road safety procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledge in vehicle scheduling and route planning is a plus.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office suite.
Method of Application
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com using the job title as the subject.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted