- Company: Underground Mining Alliance LTD
- Location: Ghana
- State: Obuasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions: Underground Mining Engineers. These are Obuasi based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
• Implement and maintain safety, health and environmental policies and procedures, and ensure to maintain a healthy working environment;
• Implement and develop the operating mine design processes to ensure alignment; between the underground mining operations and project strategic objectives;
• Deliver short and medium term mine plans to achievable;
• Prepare and maintain an active register identifying all mine planning risks and opportunities for the project;
• Coordinating mining engineering projects with the mining team and other engineering disciplines.
• Underground design, planning and optimization in development;
• Ensures accurate interpretation of underground designs;
• Undertaking improvements of mining activities;
• Working with specialist software to support planning programmes;
• Overseeing construction projects and ensuring that operations run smoothly;
• Monitoring production activities;
• Ensuring the safety of mining equipment and assessing mine equipment supplies;
• Managing monthly budgets and keeping detailed records;
• Ensure all activities within area of control are completed to the specification nominated for the works being undertaken and standard that is fit for purpose and meets the end users’ requirement.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in Production charging;
• Experience with ICON Charging and Logging
• Experience charging with both Emulsion and Anfo
• Demonstrate understanding and ability to conduct density testing of emulsion
• Experience in operating a Norment Charmec LC 605 charging unit;
• Sound mechanical knowledge of both the Normet and Hypercharge Unit;
• Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
• Must be conversant with the Mining Act and related regulations of the Republic of Ghana.
• Previous experience working in Hard Rock Underground Mines (with International Underground Mining experience);
• Must possess Equipment Operator’s certification from the Minerals Commission
• Flexible and willingness to assit with varied tasks and responsibilities
• Previously employed in an underground charge-up role
• A strong focus toward safety and hazard identification;
• Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers.
How To Apply For The Job
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fit, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
• Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
• Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
• List your most recent positions first.
• Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date: 20 June, 2020
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.